Weighing Options.

Canadianshee

Hoping to be able to ride later this fall, so going to purchase a new front end and possible JL swing arm with round house (blaster day night mare) for the banshee. Now being north of the border I'm limited to were to buy these kinds of kits ECT. ATV G is the logical choice, but I've had issues before with ATV G as well as others, and duties are outrageous depending on the day, swing are if happening will be from JL directly. But I'm down to the Alba LT +2 +1 with elkas package. Fire ball arms would be nice but no package like above mentioned. Or I have a set of 17.5 WP with piggyback on a future 250r build. Possible to run them and get different a arms and rebuilding and revalve the the WP's and rear shock. More then likely going with package from ATV G. Not looking to go cheap nore needing a 5000 front end. Riding type will vary from wide open fire road, woods, gravel pits ECT 185 lb 6'5 giant as passenger. Might as well finish everything before taking it out for a good first run. I'm also looking around locally or would consider used but not much preference. Just looking for steadfast opinions. Thanks. Now piss off snow.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Thruthfully  i'd recommend the legacy stage 3 kit for front and back shocks.. its by far the best bang for your buck...

For the alba arms  (LT) their a great budget arm however from what ive seen people complain about the bushings wearing out real quick (may become an annoyance) but by far the best budget arms imo...  spending anything more i'd just recommend the Fireball LT arms...

Shipping is where it gets tricky! 

The more you ship in 1 box the more your going to save HOWEVER the higher the value on the box which = higher chances of fee's once it hits the border. I'd still recommend dealing with a shop that would be willing to work with you on how the package is sent... AKA saying your sponsored and writing down the value / expense.  or just writing down the value from the start. 

Otherwise youl just need to keep an eye on the FS threads here and look around on Kijiji for stuff... but in most cases your almost better off going new if you can spend the coin.

I agree, would only go used route from a BHQ member not FB. Some bikes on Kijij with components I could use but you know the prices on there (out of touch with reality some of them) but sending out some emails today to see what's best option for a company or others to purchase from. After some late night reading more then likely not going with alba a arms. Fire ball is top of list with some others but will see once I get some replies. Elka stage 3 package deal is tough to beat so will end up ordering them, then arms once I decide the direction to go. I'm not in a rush but next ride season I want it ready.
Thanks for the help.

Make sure you decide on what a arms you want before you order.. As different brand arms will require different shock specs.

Same deal for swinger lenght.

But yea the elka stage 3 kit is the best bang for your buck... heck even buying used by the time you get front and back shocks your not far off of what they would cost you to go that new route...

Yea exactly, I was only going to go LT but there are a few packages at ATV G with +2 +1 and with the type of riding I do the little extra travel may not be worth it. Buying a house is easier lol but will order something by month end at least.

Looking like I'm going to end up ordering a set of Lone star dcpro LT +2 +1 with Legacy package, debating on adding the linkage or not. Once Mr. Can revenue pays me will order. Any thoughts on this setup pro's con's ECT.

I deal mainly with i-shock for elka they offer the same kind of deals and have better service for non lower 48 er's than ATV-G

I just built a mx banshee with all LSR dc4 long travel gear front and rear, from i-shock and it turned out great/ If you got the right swing arm and go elka long travel I do recomend getting the Elka pro linkage.

I prefer Fox shocks on my personal machines they need more tinkering and service but are good for lighter riders and very smooth.

Nice bikes. Yea I was looking at ishock site as well, but for a bit extra I will be ordering the package from elka instead of ATV G. No headaches with duties ECT and lead time on DCPRO was 4-6days for powder coating.

solid buy Canadian... Im not a HUGE fan of LSR because ive always seen them as a little over priced / paying for the name type of deal but they are reliable and well built arms... also  if your ending in the end run at a fair price for the complete package.... bonus! 

I think if you got the cash to burn in the linkage its a +  for sure! 

• 1 month later...

Just curious if anyone has a good photo of LSR a-arms candy red powder coat. Want to see if the colour is a good match. Have a week to decide powder colour if not will have them sent bare and powder coat here.

I just went through this process. I had standard travel lonestar +2 and loved them so I figured on my LT setup, I would show them some loyalty. Plus for $780 for the DC Pros, I thought it was a good deal. If you have a little extra dough, have you looked into PEP? Iv never ridden on them, but I think the general consensus is that they make a good product. I picked up a set of their limited mass fronts for $1040 from SF racing. Great guy to work with. I know it takes you out of the $1000 ball club for the  Elka legacy series, but it’s just another thought.

Edited by BlackandYellowBanshee

I just went through this process. I had standard travel lonestar +2 and loved them so I figured on my LT setup, I would show them some loyalty. Plus for $780 for the DC Pros, I thought it was a good deal. If you have a little extra dough, have you looked into PEP? Iv never ridden on them, but I think the general consensus is that they make a good product. I picked up a set of their limited mass fronts for $1040 from SF racing. Great guy to work with. I know it takes you out of the $1000 ball club for the  Elka legacy series, but it’s just another thought.
I did look at a set of PEP's, and agree are a superior shock, but for the cost at this time I am better to go with the Elka's set up for the LT, and the rear link and elka shock out back. An added plus I don't have to deal with any possible duty and or brokerage fees, no hidden charges when they arrive.