Cylinders flooding barely starts

Ssantoni73

I need help!! I just got my rebuilt banshee running it floods out of the overflow on the bowl, floods cylinders. I have spark, good compression and definitely have fuel. Cleaned carbs 3 times. Sometimes starts when it is cold. When it runs, it runs great and no issues until i shut it off it will sometimes start, just noticed a cylinder shut down until i messed with the petcock but have a new petcock on the way. Mods are dg fattys, fmf silencers, boyesen reeds, boost bottle, head was decked and have 2 k&n style air pods on the carbs. Has i think stock carbs and jets are 200 main 25 pilot and have needle clip on second spot up from the bottom and mix screw is at 3/4 turn out because that is where it ran best. Any help please! I have the bowls on the right carb and did check that the needles and floats are good.

11 hours ago, JUSTWANNARACE said:

Bad float height, bad float needle, o-ring around the needle seat is fucked.. ect..

All of those... 

Most times the carbs dumping fuel is the needle and seat being worn out, like $8 for new ones....

I adjusted the floats still floods when its not running and fuels on. But when i go to start it cold it gets no fuel so i put my hand over a carb to vacuum fuel then it will fire, but once it is warm it flood my cylinders and i have to clean my plugs then it fires right up... i bought 27.5 and 30 pilot jets is it worth throwing in a 27.5?  My elevation is 207' in case that matters. I checked to make sure the floats closed by putting air on the fuel line and moving the floats up they seal then open when pulled down. Im sure its a 200 main would the main jet cause starting issues? And ill get rid of the boost bottle. I was going to get new intake boots and billet intake along with vforce4 reeds

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p/930/59507/All-Balls-Carburetor-Repair-Kit?v=2005-YAMAHA-BANSHEE-350

buy this and go through your carbs... or do some of your own research and buy just the needle and seat.

Edited by Toybreaker
fat finger fix

11 hours ago, Ssantoni73 said:

I adjusted the floats still floods when its not running and fuels on. But when i go to start it cold it gets no fuel so i put my hand over a carb to vacuum fuel then it will fire, but once it is warm it flood my cylinders and i have to clean my plugs then it fires right up... i bought 27.5 and 30 pilot jets is it worth throwing in a 27.5?  My elevation is 207' in case that matters. I checked to make sure the floats closed by putting air on the fuel line and moving the floats up they seal then open when pulled down. Im sure its a 200 main would the main jet cause starting issues? And ill get rid of the boost bottle. I was going to get new intake boots and billet intake along with vforce4 reeds

No, your mains are not going to cause the issue your currently having, what I was getting at before is a 200 main is way too lean, even more so with pipes and pods.