DC conversion issues, throwing up white flag in distress

Merry Christmas my people, alright my problem is I floated my ground on stator ran both yellow and floated cables to both yellow cables to trail tech rectifier, when I put my meter on output cables (red and black) from rectifier it only shows 6.55 volts dc, when i throttle to higher RPM the volts drop to 0.19 to 1.55 volts, what the hell am I doing wrong, i already tried another new rectifier and same outcome, im throwing up the white flag, about to give up but hopefully one of you kind folks can give me some insight to what im doing wrong, and yes ive done research, watched videos, traced the wiring 50 million times, i put the meter to both floated ground and yellow from stator and get from 8 to 30 volts ac which i believe tells me stator is producing proper voltage, please help thanks

On 12/23/2017 at 2:11 PM, ScEaMin BaNsheE 305 said:

Merry Christmas my people, alright my problem is I floated my ground on stator ran both yellow and floated cables to both yellow cables to trail tech rectifier, when I put my meter on output cables (red and black) from rectifier it only shows 6.55 volts dc, when i throttle to higher RPM the volts drop to 0.19 to 1.55 volts, what the hell am I doing wrong, i already tried another new rectifier and same outcome, im throwing up the white flag, about to give up but hopefully one of you kind folks can give me some insight to what im doing wrong, and yes ive done research, watched videos, traced the wiring 50 million times, i put the meter to both floated ground and yellow from stator and get from 8 to 30 volts ac which i believe tells me stator is producing proper voltage, please help thanks

Is it an adjustable regulator? 

This may sound way too simple, but it is something to check. Did you reinstall the woodruff key on the crank? Flywheel spinning slower when revved? 
Woodruff key is just for alignment of the flywheel. The flywheel is actually held in place due to the taper fit of the mating surfaces of the flywheel and crankshaft.

12 minutes ago, Keno said:
2 hours ago, BlackandYellowBanshee said:
This may sound way too simple, but it is something to check. Did you reinstall the woodruff key on the crank? Flywheel spinning slower when revved? 

Woodruff key is just for alignment of the flywheel. The flywheel is actually held in place due to the taper fit of the mating surfaces of the flywheel and crankshaft.

Ah yes, I knew it was a bit of a stretch. I always figured the key was a secondary “lock” along with the taper. Thanks for the clarification.

• 5 months later...