tzr250 electrics into banshee

tarat

hi all . newbie here. my banshee will not charge the battery enough to run lights . it was modded with an extra wire on the stator and a regulator rectifier but its not charging enough. there is only 2 to 3 volts coming from the stator wires .

i rang a breakers and they said they had tzr electrics which it might be possible to put in and get better than standard charging . so i have all the tzr bits now. the stator itself is the same diameter and has same mounting hole pattern and will bolt onto the plate. it might be touching the standard flywheel off the face of stator but i can deal with that . will the tzr stator work with the banshee brain or do i need the tzr one in it ?, any idea on how to wire it up or where i could get wiring diagrams. has anyone done this before ? it sounds like a lot of effort but i would really like better charging .

thanks 

I can't tell you it'll work or not with out seeing the way they're wired. However if you find a diagram of what you have and cross reference it with the Banshee wiring diagrams here in the Technical section. It's possible you may be able to splice your OEM plugs on to the new unit. You can get the pins out using a pic tool to pop the clips holding each pin. 

In my opinion, you'd be way ahead ordering a new banshee stator. 

I think before going too extreme, I would disconnect the regulator AND all the lights and see what voltage is produced.  Without a regulator, the voltage will fluctuate with rpm but should run up to 30V or more.  If you are still only seeing 2-3V, ensure the ground and leads are good.  It is possible that the regulator is shorted to ground and dumping all your power to chassis.  

A lot of D.C. Converted shees run a 200 watt stator. Like blowit stated , could be a faulty part , could be wired wrong to begin with. Battery could be funky also. What lights are you running. With all the cheap led technology out there now I can't see you having any problem with stock components 

The OE system in a Banshee is a regulator only and stays AC.  Typically for LED lights you will either need DC conversion or some lights have internal DC rectifiers.  Running an LED on AC is not a good idea.  For AC, you will want to stay with resistive lights like OE Halogens.