Banshee dc conversion

Drizzy

Alright im going to try and do a dc conversion on my shee. Need some info on what all parts I will need to order. Plan on using my stock stator. I already have a battery in mind and making a bracket for it. Also is there any good solid instructions on this.??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright im going to try and do a dc conversion on my shee. Need some info on what all parts I will need to order. Plan on using my stock stator. I already have a battery in mind and making a bracket for it. Also is there any good solid instructions on this.??

http://www.jlengineering.org/banshee-stator-dc-convers.html
Really straight forward.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Voltage regulator, I like the trail tech as its adjustable. I use a small lithium ion battery (cause they are light) and use an aftermarket coolant resivore bracket (if you have the resivore deleted) an mount the battery where the coolant rezzi would go.

Trail tech only have one version of the voltage regulator?? And you have a link for the bracket and battery of where you purchased? I don’t have a coolant rezzi so I’m good there

49 minutes ago, RagunCajun said:

I need to figure out what kind of rechargeable r/c car battery fits in a small area of the bike that i wont see. Similar to JL's kit.

Will the bike recharge the battery like an alternator charges a truck battery?

It can when you float the ground and use a rectifier. 

You need a rectifier, not a regulator to convert AC to DC

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Drizzy said:

All you need is a rectifier and battery to do this? Would any rectifier work?

no.

You need to make sure the rectifier can handle the power the stator puts into it.

Needs to be 12v and handle so many watts (roughly 75 for stock stator). You still need to float the ground for many rectifiers. 

You don't need a battery for DC conversion, but it is always nice to have.

The battery allows your lights to run at full output and not reliant on motor rpm, without battery there will be some flickering with rpm difference. Also battery acts as a filter in the way of voltage/current spikes between your stator and your lights in theory I'm told. I'm working on a buddy of mine hack up electrical, so learning as I go.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

no.
You need to make sure the rectifier can handle the power the stator puts into it.
Needs to be 12v and handle so many watts (roughly 75 for stock stator). You still need to float the ground for many rectifiers. 
You don't need a battery for DC conversion, but it is always nice to have.

Will a rectifier for a Yamaha yfz work? 9fe2227f547fdbe6f06659007c47af8a.jpg