Pulsar pump vacuum line

maybe its not the pumps fault. pull the lines off the carb and put em in a bottle and start the engine. your likely to have some premix in the suction line no matter what. its just that youll probly have more if the entrance is on the floor since the back of the reed cavity is where excess fuel oil seems to collect. maybe your pj is clogged. hard to say

pumps have their place and time. like on machines that run upside down, on their side and near vertical conditions. snomos and watercraft come to mind. but really have no place on a atv imo. the only exception i could think of is the long 300' bikes where the tank is located  in the nose and the fuel has to be pulled up to the carbs

again i would get rid of that setup u have now. just me though. local classifieds, ebay or the f/s area should have what u need

maybe its not the pumps fault. pull the lines off the carb and put em in a bottle and start the engine. your likely to have some premix in the suction line no matter what. its just that youll probly have more if the entrance is on the floor since the back of the reed cavity is where excess fuel oil seems to collect. maybe your pj is clogged. hard to say

pumps have their place and time. like on machines that run upside down, on their side and near vertical conditions. snomos and watercraft come to mind. but really have no place on a atv imo. the only exception i could think of is the long 300' bikes where the tank is located  in the nose and the fuel has to be pulled up to the carbs

again i would get rid of that setup u have now. just me though. local classifieds, ebay or the f/s area should have what u need

Thank you for the response...if I got them for free then yeah it would be that easy to buy more. But I paid quit a good amount for em, so not that easy to buy more..But I definitely see what u saying. Going to dyno the weekend. Hopefully get it figured out then

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

How is the diaphragm in your pump? Alcohol or methanol is bad about drying them up. Also try to replace all your lines if not already new any tiny cracks or holes in any of the components can cause all kinds of issues. I'm talking from experience I used to run them alot on alky and meth gas. Not on a banshee but still the same pumps. I'm thinking it's getting air from somewhere. Also I don't think it's been stated but what fuel valve are you running on your tank? What kind of tank and vent?

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

How is the diaphragm in your pump? Alcohol or methanol is bad about drying them up. Also try to replace all your lines if not already new any tiny cracks or holes in any of the components can cause all kinds of issues. I'm talking from experience I used to run them alot on alky and meth gas. Not on a banshee but still the same pumps. I'm thinking it's getting air from somewhere. Also I don't think it's been stated but what fuel valve are you running on your tank? What kind of tank and vent?

Diaphragm? I have no idea how it is. The fuel valve is a normal dual pingle with one closed off...and a stock tank with the cap gutted and drilled bigger

Diaphragm? I have no idea how it is. The fuel valve is a normal dual pingle with one closed off...and a stock tank with the cap gutted and drilled bigger

Ok well the inside of that pump is a diaphragm. I would replace it and give it a try. It seems to me like it's getting air "loosing pulse or vacume" from somewhere

• 2 weeks later...

Update...took the bike to a bud, and found hella leaks around the cylinders, as well as possible spark issues, my cool wires were taped to the coil, and I had plug caps that didn't ohm to 5k, change those to NGK caps, changed my 1/8 barb end to a 1/4 end (hose end) as well as a new coil, and cylinder gasket.., shortened up hoses for the vacuum and fuel, took to the dyno right after, and got the high 97 ponies. Guess not to bad. Finally ran it Sunday, and it ran flawless. Thanks for the advice I received and shout out to my bud