35 keihin carb (2-1 set up)opinions??

Drizzy

Carb is good, manifold is garbage.
As to running better, depends how you look at this. Mine single ran great for low end and trails, seen similar on other single carb setups too. Just doesn't have the top end power.

I just basically trail ride and go to the dunes bout once a year. Don't want to sacrifice power on hitting that power band though. She hits it hard right now. It just seemed more convenient since your just messing with one carb and if I gained some power figured it was a win win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

why switch to a single and not run 2 small double?  you change jetts often? thats the only benefit i see from a single is when it comes to changing jets. 

That was basically my question. If I would gain some power and only mess with one carb figured it would be a better set up. Don't really change netting that often and don't mind it. Just always a pain sometimes to have to get them re synced and fine tuned exactly the same.

10 hours ago, Drizzy said:

I just basically trail ride and go to the dunes bout once a year. Don't want to sacrifice power on hitting that power band though. She hits it hard right now. It just seemed more convenient since your just messing with one carb and if I gained some power figured it was a win win.

This seems to be the reason most jump to the 2/1 stuff. In the end, it is way more finicky. If you don't know how to get the stock carbs dialed in well, this will not be easier. Look in to making sure that carb has and EEK needle. 

I kept having problems with my stock 26's. I got a 2 into 1 (or some say 1 into 2) with a 38mm air striker carb and the damn thing runs 100% better. before I was emptying the bowls of all the fuel and now I have no issues. I have also gone to the dunes a few times and personally I didn't notice any power loss in the top end. I'm sure a dyno might prove me wrong....

Some love them some hate them.

• 9 months later...