Chain Question.

kenr74

I did some searching but I can't find what I'm looking for so here goes.

When I bought my Shee the chain was really loose and stretched out. I put a new chain on and adjusted it while the bike was on a stand. It has about 1.5" of play when on the ground which seems about right. When I sit on the bike though the chain gets REALLY tight. My question is should there be any play when sitting on the bike?

I did some searching but I can't find what I'm looking for so here goes.

When I bought my Shee the chain was really loose and stretched out.  I put a new chain on and adjusted it while the bike was on a stand.  It has about 1.5" of play when on the ground which seems about right.  When I sit on the bike though the chain gets REALLY tight.  My question is should there be any play when sitting on the bike?

you should have 5/8's of slack with the shock bottomed, let me ask a dumb question is the chain running over the chain roller or under it if it's on top of the roller it would tighten like a son of bitch with weight on the bike, it should go under it, and a inch and a half of slack is way to sloppy

I believe 104 link with a 14 tooth in the front and 41 tooth in the rear.

Ok, that's what I was thinking. I bought it online and the guy said he would cut it to length for me but I think it is one short. I already have all the adjustments in so I can't make the distance any shorter. I'm going to check when I get home but I'm thinking that I'm one link short. :angry: