Lock up clutch

SlowMoe

I don't think running a lockup clutch or not is going to affect shifting. However, the higher hp motor will make shifting difficult. I prefer a dunable override in my trail bike, but I have ridden both and still have one bike with a pro mod type trans that I cut years ago. Easy to do with the right tools but time consuming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we will see. I'm gonna go ahead and order a driveline lock out and report back. I was just surprised by how much power my DIY ported motor made, didn't think it would overwhelm the stiff ass springs I put in it

I have a lockup with 6 stock springs. Engine makes 109/57. Mine is hard to up shift @ WOT but most people tell me i need to adjust the eccentric screw etc even though it seems to be fine. Apparently it should shift like butter even with a lockup with a lot of weight.

idk why everybody says that your clutch will be harder to pull at higher rpms with a lockup.  My clutch pull doesn't change at all through out the RPM range with my dl lock up. anyone care to explain?  I don't have a pro mod tranny but I do have the shift pro arm and modded shift star. I run 6 heavy springs with my FAST clutch in a chariot basket

idk why everybody says that your clutch will be harder to pull at higher rpms with a lockup.  My clutch pull doesn't change at all through out the RPM range with my dl lock up. anyone care to explain?  I don't have a pro mod tranny but I do have the shift pro arm and modded shift star. I run 6 heavy springs with my FAST clutch in a chariot basket

I don't notice a difference. If you think about it, the lockup applies pressure to your plates in addition to the spring tension. When you pull the clutch in you press the clutch shaft against the pressure plate and have to force the levers at the same time. The levers are rotating faster at high RPMs and thus providing more leverage. I rarely use the clutch while riding though. Only starting and stopping.

• Like 1

I'm just confused honestly. Isn't there a clutch upgrade that doesn't involve a lock up? Like an extra plate or something?

You don't need an 8 plate clutch. But I'll cut your pressure plate and boss if you want to run one.

• Like 1

You don't need an 8 plate clutch. But I'll cut your pressure plate and boss if you want to run one.

I don't know what I need. I just don't think my clutch should be slipping at my power level if my clutch is good. I think I'm just gonna order new plates and the lock up from driveline. I think that will give me peace of mind