Alky pump..

65l should last a few seasons if u purge after riding but why not keep it simple and use gravity system if u can

I would rather use gravity. Not sure if these carbs have to have the pump..it came with a pump so that's all i know to do. They are 40mm keihins. Are bigger bowls the only thing I need to exclude the pump?

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had great luck with bb shearers on the 4mm alky cubs. 20 or 21cc domes would be better for alky @ .042-.045 squish. Timing I'd start around 7 if you are running 1/8th mile read plugs and go from there. You are going to fight tuning with the 35mm air strykers. Get a set of 39mm pwks set up for alky with billet bowls put a dual feed pingel in the tank and gravity feed it, less hassle and don't have to worry about over pumping and dumping fuel on the track.. JMO

I've had great luck with bb shearers on the 4mm alky cubs. 20 or 21cc domes would be better for alky @ .042-.045 squish. Timing I'd start around 7 if you are running 1/8th mile read plugs and go from there. You are going to fight tuning with the 35mm air strykers. Get a set of 39mm pwks set up for alky with billet bowls put a dual feed pingel in the tank and gravity feed it, less hassle and don't have to worry about over pumping and dumping fuel on the track.. JMO

I don't feel so bad about the BB then...but I already purchased 40mm keihins on Alky. And I'm running dirt drag....just on asphalt every now and again.. Can those be gravity fed?

Are they 40mm pwks? Post a pic of them and the fuel inlet. If the fuel inlet points up the are gravity feed (as long as the seat hasn't been changed) if the point down they are pumper carbs and WILL require a pump.

Well
..there's my answer..they are pointed down..which requires the pump...

It's not that bad. Take the intake off and the reeds out. Stuff some paper towels in the intake behind the piston. Line the inside of the intake with grease (and edges around paper towel). Put grease on the drill bit before drilling. Put grease on the tap before tapping. Screw in barb fitting for pump. Mark fitting flush to intake wall. Pull fitting out and cut to mark (as not to hang into the intake).Clean all grease out of intake. Pull rag out. Clean well. Put some 1211 on barb fitting and put in and tighten.