Piston discoloration difference.

Check for air leaks, make sure the petcock is flowing good to both carbs, and make sure the needle and seats on both carbs are flowing. Ultimately I'm leaning toward an air leak. 

I do have a an annoying transmission leak. I'm guessing that would cause an air leak..

In the mean time can u tell me where these two extra o rings go...looks like they have to do with the spark plug but I don't we where...
635fb640675d789ac43663eb6241dea3.jpg

Sent from my LG-D722 using Tapatalk

On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 9:51 AM, justin_smallwood said:

Hello...can anyone tell me what you see as far as the difference in piston color means? Left side edge is faded while the right side is jet black...c6aea93c75441c16246ddb188a7dd6e7.jpg

I would say it's a little lean. But the left side is washed from coolant imo.. look at the front stud, from the timing edge of the cyl to the water jacket is black from exhaust from a blown oring or a cracked oring land in the dome itself causing it to pull water on the intake stroke.. jmo

• Like 1

On Thursday, August 03, 2017 at 4:25 PM, justin_smallwood said:

I do have a an annoying transmission leak. I'm guessing that would cause an air leak..

In the mean time can u tell me where these two extra o rings go...looks like they have to do with the spark plug but I don't we where...
635fb640675d789ac43663eb6241dea3.jpg

Those are for the inlet and outlet that you probly did not remove

Wanna race is on the rite track , when you install the orings how are you holding them in place while positioning everything 

Not for sure what's considered the inner and outlet...and I used some clear rv silicone type stuff around the orings and let it dry over night. Worked well. No issues