A-arm information...HELP

kevinh44

Since i am new at getting into banshee things and after picking one up i want to do all kinds of things to it. I was curious to know why most a-arm set ups i have seen for sale say "+2 wide/+1 forward" can someone explain exactly what that may do for the bike or how it will look any different. Would brake lines, shocks etc. Have to be upgraded? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have any suggestions for me, i want a lower/wider look for my banshee. Thanks! 

If you can show me pictures of the +2+1 and then of stock i think i could get a good idea. Thanks again!

it all depends on the arms you buy.  

the +2 wide is 2" wider on each side,  allows you to be more stable, and allows some more travel.  the +1 moves the spindle 1" forward,  this basiaclly allows you to get more traction as it technically moves the motor back in the wheelbase.  

the +2 will give you the wider look. and i dont think i have seen arms that are +2 without being +1 forward.  brake lines should still work, but they will be tight.  switching to steel braided lines is cheap, and gives you a must better feel in the handle.  you can run stock shocks, as long as the arms are made for stock location.  basically you have standard, yfs conversion, and long travel.  

long travel hasits own style of a arm, so you dont have to worry about that,  

yfz isnt worth the time, 

and standard is what most people run.   you can run stock shocks, but a set of shocks made for you based off the a arms, your weight, and the type of riding you do will make a huge difference.  

10 hours ago, ginger said:

it all depends on the arms you buy.  

the +2 wide is 2" wider on each side,  allows you to be more stable, and allows some more travel.  the +1 moves the spindle 1" forward,  this basiaclly allows you to get more traction as it technically moves the motor back in the wheelbase.  

the +2 will give you the wider look. and i dont think i have seen arms that are +2 without being +1 forward.  brake lines should still work, but they will be tight.  switching to steel braided lines is cheap, and gives you a must better feel in the handle.  you can run stock shocks, as long as the arms are made for stock location.  basically you have standard, yfs conversion, and long travel.  

long travel hasits own style of a arm, so you dont have to worry about that,  

yfz isnt worth the time, 

and standard is what most people run.   you can run stock shocks, but a set of shocks made for you based off the a arms, your weight, and the type of riding you do will make a huge difference.  

Huge help man thanks! I do plan on running SS brake lines next. Is there any brand of arms that you would suggest that would fit stock shocks? One more question. I found a pair of progressive shocks laying around my dads shop brand new. Was curious is they would work. They are 16" from center of eye to center of eye.