What is this leak?

I can buy pistons the pistons and take them to the fella my dad's mechanic knows if that can help get the job done better. I'd just need to know which ones to get

As for the sponsors they're all pretty far from fl I gave a call to driveline and I got they're message machine, I left a message.

if anyone can reccomend a closer shop by all means

Edited by Rawnold

Buddy of mine says those pistons I got in there are the biggest pistons I can run? Is this true? He said if it's already bored to the biggest bore I can respect but that's gonna be like 200 bucks I'd rather get it bored, can I bore bigger than what I have now? Do I need to measure or can you guys tell what size it is?

i think your buddy doesnt know as much as you think he does. 

513 is the wrist pin location and 65.50 is the diameter.  

and i have 66.00 in mine, so they def make them bigger. 

4 hours ago, ginger said:

i think your buddy doesnt know as much as you think he does. 

513 is the wrist pin location and 65.50 is the diameter.  

and i have 66.00 in mine, so they def make them bigger. 

No one knows as much as they say they do with these things I'm starting to notice but he definitely knows a lot more than me and has experience opening these up. We looked em up today together and he found a chart saying 65.50 is 60% and 66.50 is the 100% which is the largest or something like that.

im going 66 because I don't wanna make a huge jump as I don't think I need it I will talk to a builder and see what they think that's just me.

https://ibb.co/hJmDa5

Are those the 66's that what I need? If it is I'll be placing the order. Also what other gaskets/o-rings should I swap?

Weisco doesn't make a 65.75mm last rebuild I did and I didn't want to go to 66mm, as I said before.

That's why I had mine nicasilled at 65.5mm.

As I also said before, don't overbore to go bigger. Overbore because that's what you need to do to fix gouges or true up your cylinder walls.

Growing weary over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spurdy said:

Weisco doesn't make a 65.75mm last rebuild I did and I didn't want to go to 66mm, as I said before.

That's why I had mine nicasilled at 65.5mm.

As I also said before, don't overbore to go bigger. Overbore because that's what you need to do to fix gouges or true up your cylinder walls.

Growing weary over here.

Trust me wouldn't be boring if I didn't have to. If it were up to me I'd buy same size piston and throw it in there but by walls are scraped up a bit.

I can do a 66mm bore and fit a 66 mm piston in it right? Or does bore have to be slightly bigger?

edit- I posted pics idk if you guys saw them and could see what I'm talking about.

Edited by Rawnold

Trust me wouldn't be boring if I didn't have to. If it were up to me I'd buy same size piston and throw it in there but by walls are scraped up a bit.

I can do a 66mm bore and fit a 66 mm piston in it right? Or does bore have to be slightly bigger?

edit- I posted pics idk if you guys saw them and could see what I'm talking about.

Yes, and that clymers you are going to buy will tell you the clearance needed. I think it is 0.002" but don't quote me. Just FYI 1mm is 0.040".

So, go with a sponsor, tell to set up your cyl as small as possible and they will tell you what can be done. They can supply pistons or you can order them. They can match them or you can get them and measure yourself.

Not sure how close to splitting pennies we need to be.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spurdy said:

Yes, and that clymers you are going to buy will tell you the clearance needed. I think it is 0.002" but don't quote me. Just FYI 1mm is 0.040".

So, go with a sponsor, tell to set up your cyl as small as possible and they will tell you what can be done. They can supply pistons or you can order them. They can match them or you can get them and measure yourself.

Not sure how close to splitting pennies we need to be.

Alright cool, don't know what clearances are but I will learn about them before assembly. Gonna get my hands on that manual before I get the work finished 

Lol chill if I can get it done locally i will if not I'll go theme sponsor route. I tried callin a sponsor driveline to be exact but no answer so that got me thinking I'd feel much better doing it somewhere I can go meet the dude and be there personally

saves time money and effort imo so why not