cant get my quad to fire up

So I was recently messing with the clutch and adjusting it, there is a previous thread on that I didn't manage to fix it 100% but I got it going as best as I could and I put it back together. While my case was open I took the opportunity to repair my carbs since they were leaking gas.. out the carbs back together with some new filters I just ordered directly on the carbs no airbox, I took the one that came on the quad off.

Now I go to pull the throttle and it is soft almost all the way to the end but right before it hits the WOT position you feel it actually open the throttle. Could it be I placed the throttle top on the carbs on wrong? The bike isn't starting up 

Just inspected it a little more and I notice that on the right carb throttle cable the little rubber on top of the cap is damaged and I could actually pull some of the cable out. Could this be why my throttle is soft? Do I need a new cable or do is that a simple fix? Like maybe it fell off the retainer or something and now the cable is loose on that side? 

Just inspected it a little more and I notice that on the right carb throttle cable the little rubber on top of the cap is damaged and I could actually pull some of the cable out. Could this be why my throttle is soft? Do I need a new cable or do is that a simple fix? Like maybe it fell off the retainer or something and now the cable is loose on that side? 

Sounds like you have something wrong between the cable and the carb slide (likely where the cable attaches to the carb slide or a defective cable).

This should be pretty easy to determine and fix.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I understand correctly in your first post you ditched the airbox for pods, is this the case? if so you better feed it more fuel. This is not going to help your throttle cable issue, but if you went from stock airbox to pods your gonna have to go up on your mains and probably your pilots as well. 

• Like 1

Then check that the choke hose is in place and tight (red oval)
And that the proper bowl is on the choke side carb ("BB" RED ARROW)
9k=

Dennis! Look at you go!

What he said!

And don't forget to give it more fuel. Mains, pilot and probably the needle too!

Appreciate the replys,  if I'm not mistaken I'm on a 270 or 370 in right now.. I think stock is 210 or 310?

Also all my hoses are good and I did carbs one by one so the bowls on there properly (good to know about that little dot though). When I remove the pods and hit the throttle nothing happens up until the last part of the throttle (like it's loose) then all that happens right before wot is my needle comes up a bit. Is my carb slide supposed to drop down all the way or does it stay suspended and just the needle comes down?

i have cpi's the quad had airbox before but no filter. I'll be taking it to a buddy of mine he said he knows how to tell if it's running lean or rich but I think it would be good for now without changing jets right?

Appreciate the replys,  if I'm not mistaken I'm on a 270 or 370 in right now.. I think stock is 210 or 310?

Also all my hoses are good and I did carbs one by one so the bowls on there properly (good to know about that little dot though). When I remove the pods and hit the throttle nothing happens up until the last part of the throttle (like it's loose) then all that happens right before wot is my needle comes up a bit. Is my carb slide supposed to drop down all the way or does it stay suspended and just the needle comes down?

i have cpi's the quad had airbox before but no filter. I'll be taking it to a buddy of mine he said he knows how to tell if it's running lean or rich but I think it would be good for now without changing jets right?

Slide should move e a rly the same as the throttle position.

Carb slides are in wrong and you compressed the springs when you put the caps back on.  If you look through the back of the carbs, you would see the slides are open.  The soft throttle feel was because you were not pulling up the slides because they were already open, and your cable on the top is also because there was no spring tension.  Pull slides and get then in the right way and should be good but make sure they still open at the same time or in "sync"

Brandon

Mull Engineering

Thanks to all of you for all the help, just got the quad started. As weird as this is gonna sound I had to swap slides on the cable I guess they were reveresed? I never took them off when I took the caps off the carbs, I put them to the side of the pipes and I couldn't have flipped the caps because you can tell how the cable has resistance when you flip them and flush when they're set right. But anyways I got them in properly now and the quad fired right up.. awesome feeling!! But now I notice that my thumb throttle still has some free play at first, if I were to guess I'd say about 20 or 30% of my throttle is soft before you feel it actually have the tension. Is that something I can adjust? Or is it something else?