New engine setup

Blew a head gasket, trashed the pistons and cylinders.  Cylinders were on the last bore size anyway.   About 2 years ago I went through the bottom end and had my crank rebuilt.  So I would like to keep the crank I have, and not split the cases.  The crank is 115mm rod length, stock stroke, and welded.  Crank feels fine and visually looks good.  

I am thinking about going to a 65mm cub cylinder.  Running 795 series pistons, and a stock head.  I don't need to mess with the factory head to run the 795's, right?  I figure I can have the head milled to what ever is ideal to run a 50/50 mix of 110 and 91 gas though.    

I have in frame drag pipes, 35mm carbs, billet intakes ,k&ns already.  This sound like a good way to go?  Any recommendations?

• Like 1

Currently have a HD clutch kit running all 6 HD Springs.  Modified shift star with shift pro bearing thing, the pancake bearing clutch adjuster, and redline billet clutch basket.  If I make the jump to the  4 mil driveline cylinder setup.... am I gonna have trouble shifting this thing?  Or need a beefier clutch setup?

2 hours ago, jmross said:

Currently have a HD clutch kit running all 6 HD Springs.  Modified shift star with shift pro bearing thing, the pancake bearing clutch adjuster, and redline billet clutch basket.  If I make the jump to the  4 mil driveline cylinder setup.... am I gonna have trouble shifting this thing?  Or need a beefier clutch setup?

That engine tuned is making 86hp.  Personally i would throw in a driveline slingshot and youll have no issues with slipping clutches or holding. 

I have all the same transmission mods except a chariot basket and inhave zero problems shifting. I asked lane the same thing when i was there, he said once u start getting into the 80s on horse power its wise to start looking at a lockup. That lockup will add longevity to your clutch too. Your already spending a grand whats 200 more

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk