First start suggestions

Finally picked up verity of pilot jets (27.5 through 35) that were in border customs forever and throttle cable will be here on Monday.

Going on some advice from members here and builder I'm hoping to do first start next week.

I'm in need of advice on what to look for and listen for on the first start. This has been the first time rebuilding a twin cylinder, plus with all the other mods and new parts changed out.

This is what has been done

Stock bore and stroke new true and welded crank

MX porting on cylinders to go with FMF Fatty pipes

Chariot head with 21cc domes for pump gas use

Pro mod transmission

Mull Eng shift star, shift bearing, water pump and gear

New modified shift shaft

New transmission bearings seals and clip, gaskets ECT

Pick up coil spacing set to factory spec.

Timing plate set at 0.

If I had just replaced the crank and top end I would feel more at ease. Also is it a wise idea to use the ratio called out in the manual for break in or should one just use 32:1 ratio will be running Klotz R50.

Thanks for all the help in this rebuild.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

I remember reading a thread at one point about spaying a cleaner of some sort while motor is running to aid in finding leaks. Not sure if this is true or if it could cause any issues? I don't think I will have any leaks as pressure tested nicely found one leak and fixed it.

For the first start, be sure to take the exhaust plugs out if you have them in the silencers. I know a guy who wondered why his was quiet and didnt want to stay running... :whistling:

I left some paper towels in my exhaust port one time. It sounded like shit until it blew them out the stinger.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

So going to be delayed on getting this bike going. Last minute surgery booked for Thursday. But was able to get jets installed and everything buttoned up. Did a compression test and results were 150PSI for both cylinders. This seems a tad high for my mods and 21cc domes at 600 to 700 feet above sea level. I was using a cheap tester and will be looking for a better one to retest. Do these number seem high for a cheap tester.? Was hoping to avoid using race gas and mixing but not out of tbe question as AV fuel is ready available at work. So hopefully in a few weeks I will finally get out and start this thing.

• 3 weeks later...

I left some paper towels in my exhaust port one time. It sounded like shit until it blew them out the stinger.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

i did the same.  

• 3 months later...