First real build

Ok... I know this is a sensitive subject but here it goes... I am a mechanic... new to bansheehq... this is it... I have a stock banshee... im doing this to it... stock carbs... boysen carbon fiber reeds... no boost bottle... t6 exhaust... k&n on the carbs... 64.5 bore... stock stroke... welded and trued crank by duncan racing... shift star mod... pancake bearing... new rz clutch... new bearings and seals... fresh bore... 18cc domes... I know what compression ratio to go by... fast trail port by kenoconnor... port windows have only been opened exhaust to 45mm width not height change... intake about 1 mm all around... +4 timing... any ideas??... im at el paso tx about 2500 feet sealevel... i usually run 280 jets on stock carbs.. Im open to all sugestions but amnout of cash almost... any numbers I can change?

T6 exhaust imo sucks balls, I would get CPI. Not much of a price difference if any.

What fuel do you wanna run?

With the porting you mentioned you will see minimal gains if any hp wise. If your staying pump fuel look into 21cc domes from a site sponsor, they all run similar bandwidth,angle and will run better than a off the shelf prodesign.

With the porting you mentioned and better pipes start around 320 main 27.5 pilots

Since you said you didn't raise the exhaust port, are you sure you want to run 18cc domes?

I have not raised any of the exhaust... what would you recomend is a good amount to raise it?.. How about 1 millimeter?... I know ill have more compression without raising the exhaust but maybe I do... how much would be safe to say?

• 3 months later...