High temp Powder coating old pipes

Hey guys - I powder coated some old rusty FMF pipes with a high temp flat black powder good for 1200 degree and they came out looking sweet. Would anybody be interested in getting this done? If you ship me your old pipes I can do both pipes for $125 shipped back to your door. Colors are black, flat black and a flat silver. Text me 570 856 9284 for pictures and info or BBS powder coating on FB.

Edited by bsriot18
  • Like 1

Regular powder coat is going to burn off. It's only good to about 450... what I'm using is high temperature powder that withstands temperatures of 1200 degrees. You and I are talking about two totally different things but if you want me to fix your pipes you can send them to me.

Are you a sponsor selling off your services?

What kind of protection does some one have sending you, a complete stranger to this site, there pipes?

I guess I just don't see the point, and the appearance doesn't seem attractive. To each their own.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I only did it cause I had a set of rusty pipes and I'm building a murdered out 521... otherwise I would want nice polished chrome but for guys debating buying new pipes cause theirs are rusty and nasty - this is a nice fix IMO. And $125 is a good price. The powder alone is $30 a pound. shipping will be $25-30. Blast media is $7 so I make $53-$58 not factoring in my equipment overhead and electricity lol... just figured I'd offer this to you guys. Edited by bsriot18

$150 for some PC on some old pipes.

or $6 for a can of paint https://www.walmart.com/ip/Rust-Oleum-High-Heat-Flat-Spray-Paint-Black/17203457

I just did this on a set of T5 pipes.

Before

20170112_182658_zps5vagxww5.jpg

After

20170115_141830_zpstzachww3.jpg

The market you are trying to get into, used pipes. People are not going to spend $150 to PC them.

Those look sweet but I can pressure wash that right off... it's $125 shipped back to you and it's powder coat. If you want to respray paint your pipes every 10 hours of riding for $10 than have at it. I just want the longevity of powder and figured I'd offer it for those who want the same. We spend thousands on motors so $125 for pipes that will almost certainly never need to be redone is a win in my book.

• Like 1