521cc fuel injected turbocharged banshee build

I only asked because i thought u would only need reeds for atmospheric pressure. I thought that if to were forcing pressure on them all the time that it would hold them open. But i guess cause both side altternate that the reeds on one side would have to be closed. This was what i thought in the first place but was just checking.

I really thought about this question later on and i had hit me on how stupid of a question it was.

Edited by Richard2112

Ya i know this forum wont teach me everything but it was a start. I know how a banshee motor works and i know how a turbo works. The only thing i dont fully understand is how an efi works.

Wrong..it will teach you a lot of things.

Just curious..describe as how a 2stroke engine works..

Στάλθηκε από το SM-G935F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Air and fuel/oil come into the lower end one of the cylinders during the compression stroke (which is being pulled in and opening the reeds because of the vaccume that is created) the reeds close just before the piston goes past top dead center then the piston fires and travels back downwards forcing the gas/oil air mixture to move upwards through the transfer port. At this time the exhaust port is wide open and the mixture comming in through the transfer port from the lower end creates a positive pressure which forces the exhaust gases out of the motor. The piston then comes back up closes the exhaust port. Then back to the top./\ It starts this process over again and alternates between both cylinders. When one is on the intake/compression stroke the other is on the exhaust/downstroke.

Air and fuel/oil come into the lower end one of the cylinders during the compression stroke (which is being pulled in and opening the reeds because of the vaccume that is created) the reeds close just before the piston goes past top dead center then the piston fires and travels back downwards forcing the gas/oil air mixture to move upwards through the transfer port. At this time the exhaust port is wide open and the mixture comming in through the transfer port from the lower end creates a positive pressure which forces the exhaust gases out of the motor. The piston then comes back up closes the exhaust port. Then back to the top./\ It starts this process over again and alternates between both cylinders. When one is on the intake/compression stroke the other is on the exhaust/downstroke.

1. The reeds do not close just before the pistons goes top dead center..

2. When the pistons starts goes down does not forcing gas/oil/air mixture to move upwards... at this moment create pressure.

3. You are close... you need to read more..

• Like 1

Here's a question to spark debate. OP THIS WILL BE USEFUL DOWN THE ROAD....

So if you use a turbo, it is driven by the exhaust. That exhaust actually (very rapidly) operates in pulse with the reeds.. Can you super charge a 2 stroke being that it is constant pressure that is not effected by the effect of the exhaust?

Well son Richard...as n2otoofast 4u ask, read also some more about changing like supercharged for example, because I didn't see you answer...but this is a different story with different pocket...

So try first to do some jetting and a pair of pipes and with a future work of yours and a good saving you will be able to make your dream come true...this hobby can be very very expensive and obviously you are not effort yet..

So don't break some people's balls...

Well son Richard...as n2otoofast 4u ask, read also some more about changing like supercharged for example, because I didn't see you answer...but this is a different story with different pocket...

So try first to do some jetting and a pair of pipes and with a future work of yours and a good saving you will be able to make your dream come true...this hobby can be very very expensive and obviously you are not effort yet..

So don't break some people's balls...

(Charging)