*1996 Custom Banshee*

thepimp96

This is my first post on this website so hello everyone! I am putting my custom build 1996 banshee up for sale. I bought it bone stock and proceeded that day to tear the whole bike apart and start from scratch. The color scheme I was going for was KTM orange and black seeing is that I used to ride a KTM. The frame and LSR steering stem are orange, while the LSR long travel arms, LSR stock swing arm, and Douglas wheels are flat black. The engine was built by Gary @ Gary's Cycles here in Fresno, CA. He is a legend here in Fresno and his specialty is two strokes, banshees in particular. Bored to a 359, but all of the work was done in the massive porting job. Expected to have 70-75 horsepower per himself. Engine is powdercoated as well while the carbs and brake calipers are all polished. The engine can run on 50:50 race and premium but I wanted to break it in on straight race 110. I took this bike on one trip and have about 1 hour on the bike after the build. The fun part was building it but soon realized after the first trip that I have to sell it, I was involved in an accident awhile back and after that I just can ride and enjoy it anymore I have over 9k invested in this thing and there is a ton of stuff I'm missing like Elka shocks, stainless bolt kit, braided steel brake lines, etc.....I'm trying to find a way to post pictures and when I find out I will, but until then if you want any message or call me at five59-476-676four

I have over 9k into this bike and unfortunately I know I can't get that back out of it, but hopefully someone can help me get close there. I'm asking 7k but offers are always considered, no trades though, sorry. Thank you!

Ya because that sounds like it's only worth 3k.... ha. Toomey t5 pipes, boysen reeds, factory carbs that were just rebuilt and machined out the jet that I received with toomey due to lack of fuel, 180 psi per cylinder while being 12:1 compression ratio, transmission was excellent condition, was only ridden in dirt before I bought it so that probably helped, new Yamaha clutch was installed, new billet water impeller. That is all that I know about the internals, and it has a new Hot Rods crank that he welded up...I went over to his shop every other day to BS and check up on everything and took the bike over there for the install and first start and we were both very happy how it turned out. And if someone can help out with posting a picture, I've tried multiple times but says that the file is too large. Thanks

Ya because that sounds like it's only worth 3k.... ha. Toomey t5 pipes, boysen reeds, factory carbs that were just rebuilt and machined out the jet that I received with toomey due to lack of fuel, 180 psi per cylinder while being 12:1 compression ratio, transmission was excellent condition, was only ridden in dirt before I bought it so that probably helped, new Yamaha clutch was installed, new billet water impeller. That is all that I know about the internals, and it has a new Hot Rods crank that he welded up...I went over to his shop every other day to BS and check up on everything and took the bike over there for the install and first start and we were both very happy how it turned out. And if someone can help out with posting a picture, I've tried multiple times but says that the file is too large. Thanks

Try tapatalk

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I can't put my original asking price up? That's where I originally had it on Craigslist but had to keep lowering and lowering due to needing extra cash for truck, but now that I was able to finance one I'm no longer needing to sell as bad, but it's still taking up valuable room. So back to my 7k asking price but that is not going to happen in the real world so offers are welcomed, and I haven't updated my Craigslist just due to only getting trade offers for Honda civics and haybusas lol

On this site, we know what banshees are worth in our areas. I'm from San Diego. This might get $4-5K here. I've seen 421 cubs sell for $4K with decent suspensions in my area.

Bike is nice. Don't get me wrong. But I think you'd be lucky to get $5500. Either way, GLWS. I'm shocked no one bashed you for making your first post a for sale post. We must be maturing here!