A/F ratio, reeds, general questions

After finding pilot size I would def throw a bigger main in there considering time of year. If using the stock needle I've found going all the way to the richest setting has been the sweet spot on many engines with those pipes. I like to use the toomey needle as they offer more adjustability . If the motor sounds hollow it's lean

I've got the carb off and apart here and I'm not sure what exactly you're talking about. I went ahead and took a few pictures in hope that they will help, but I don't know how to post them in the thread here.

there is s small hole in front of the main jet. Did you have the little plastic slash guard in there? Looks like a white umbrella thing.

The front of that clips into where the pilot jet is

there is s small hole in front of the main jet. Did you have the little plastic slash guard in there? Looks like a white umbrella thing.

The front of that clips into where the pilot jet is

Yes and I took that little thing off. Is the pilot jet the little tiny thing waaay down in that hole?