01 Banshee air leak or bad stator

I just picked up a 2001 banshee a couple of weeks ago, wasn't running right when I first got it and figured out the carb slides were in backward. Then I flipped them around it ran a little better but is running lean, starts right up with no choke but have to feather the gas a little to get going and won't rev all the way out. Haven't done an auctal plug chop but they are white after WOT runs and after idle. I bumped up the main jets from 300 to 340 with no difference in running or plugs, also put new NGK plug caps on.Engine is stock with toomey t-5 pipes and silencers, no air box lid with clean uni air filter. I was going to build a leak down tester but was wondering if a bad stator could cause it to show a lean condition? It doesn't seem to get that hot, but just sounds like it's still cold when you try to rev it out. I compression tested it but I believe it's my broken tester since both were at 75psi but kicks over harder then my old banshee. Going to pick up a new one tonight. Any help is appreciated!

340 mains will be way to rich for those bolt on mods regardless of temp & altitude, which you have neglected to mention. Also what pilot is in it, it may be the cause to having to feather the throttle. The fact that it isn't revving out could also be caused by a rich condition from to larger mains. Any other mods like reeds, timing plate, etc & getting an accurate compression test could save lots of time & money.

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

Sorry forgot that, 1200ft 40 degrees . Boysen reeds tors delete, parking brake delete, ignition delete but no other mods that I know of, 27.5 pilot. Ran the same with the 300 jets but got hot quicker. But it will start up first kick and idle pretty decent.

Edited by yamaha driver

Well I leak down tested it and it held pressure through the 6min.. With only small leak around where I put the plugs in the intake boots. Never picked up a new compression tester but both pistons and cylinders look good with no scoring from what I can see through the exhaust ports. Sprayed soapy water on everything and only bubbles were there.

Edited by yamaha driver

Well I just slapped the carbs back on and I noitced with the clamps all the way tight the carbs still turn in the boot with little force. So maybe the clamps are the wrong ones or just old? They look like the stock ones since they have the little notch for the top of the intake boot. Could that be the air leak? I'll see if the Yamaha dealer here has some new clamps and try that