$500 banshee, no spark, HELP!

Bought a cheapo off eBay to try, I've used one in the past with good results

I've personally seen 2 of the el cheapo stators fail, countless others on here have as well. I would never trust that cheap ass electrical shit.

Most fail right out of the box brand new with the aftermarket junk. We told you exactly which electrical you should get and it comes at a price. Now your gonna have to pay that much more for a oem one when the money could of been spent on other goodies. You don't need a brand new oem stator. All you need is a good used oem one that works. Don't be suprised when your bike runs like crap and doesn't fully hit powerband like it should.

Most fail right out of the box brand new with the aftermarket junk. We told you exactly which electrical you should get and it comes at a price. Now your gonna have to pay that much more for a oem one when the money could of been spent on other goodies. You don't need a brand new oem stator. All you need is a good used oem one that works. Don't be suprised when your bike runs like crap and doesn't fully hit powerband like it should.

X-2000 /\/\ Wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen it. All kinds of weird symptoms, some that defy logic.

If it doesn't work.... I won't miss the $28. But I had to give it a shot, cause like I said I have a eBay stator in one of my 250's that still runs perfect to this day!

All well and good for you !! Other than the fact that for Banshee's they have a very high failure rate.

If in fact it does work flawlessly for you, don't buy any lotto tickets for a while, you done used up all your luck for a while.

Edited by Larry's Shee
  • Like 1

Have you addressed the wiring harness?  As nasty as that one is, that would've been my starting point.  Plugging a new stator into that mess may not help you even if the new stator is good. 

Have you addressed the wiring harness? As nasty as that one is, that would've been my starting point. Plugging a new stator into that mess may not help you even if the new stator is good.

100% agree Kory can make you one for like 65 bucks or so and it'll be as good as new, best investment on your build.