Best Airbox setup?

Hey guys. I Have a 4mil motor ported by FAST. I am currently running K&N pods but was thinking of putting my air box back on since we have had a lot of rain lately.

I usually leave from home and there's a lot of 1' deep puddle before i get to the good trails. lot of small puddle in the larger trail too that i hit a higher speed.

Im thinking of getting the Pro-Flow Kit with K&N Filter and running and outerwrap on it.

Im also looking at the EHS air box cover kit.

what are your though on this setup? am im wasting money on the EHS setup as I could just ditch the cover.

anything else I should be looking at? I don't mind cutting in the box at all. I'd just like the peace of mind if run through some water.

Edited by pattheriault

Lol, cool. Why not buy real tin, and bend, shape, or manipulate to the desired shape. It would be cheap, and hold up......look better to.

I'm not saying your knitting ,or sewing game is weak. Just thinking out loud.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

• Like 2

This look just as restrictive as the stock air box so why not just run the airbox?

It would be just as restrictive if you took the stock air box put a better filter inside of it. Then cut the front off that connected to the filter. Then cut the rear that connected to the filter. Then drilled holes inside air box. Not to mention this could be slid into place and secured with two zip ties in a matter of seconds. But you're right it is exactly the same as running a stock air box as long as you didn't grind off your tabs when you put pod filters on.

Oh and it probably doesn't even work. But wait what happens when mud gets in your stock air box? Holes you drilled get plugged up. Water collection occurs and now you get to hang out while your superior set up sets out. Me? I'll be riding cause water and mud run off my non stick surface. Don't believe me?

IMG955877.jpg

IMG955070.jpg

IMG954112.jpg

• Like 1

Im not bashing your setup but if you were to cut hole and place some outerwear filter on top of the hole you would basically achieve the exact same performance and security of your setup and it would look a lot cleaner. I understand going with something like you did if your running larger carbs but if your not it seem like a bit of trouble for no real gain over a modded stock box.

Those are called bear claws. They are 22 inches and tough as nails. I've been riding this set for years and never had an issue of going flat or needing plugs. I ride shale and stone pits with a ton of sharp rocks and still no problems. I run these and 23 inch tires up front it feels good and give me a little more clearance for the rutted out stuff. The massive side lugs also work good in muddy ruts.