2 into 1

I've been running a single carb since you were shitting in diapers.

Well, 

lets hear the build. Maybe I can "learn a thing or two"  

Do you have a post about your build I can go through? Would like to know the setup from top to bottom... carb size, jets / needle size, even sprocket sizes, ... what mm bore, domes? your altitude where you are rideing etc.. Because If I can get as much top end as you claim to have with your 2 into 1 then "yay!" 

But the fact is.... dual carbs doesnt just add "a few more hp" like you said, more like.... alot more, the single carb plateaus at some point.

Sure its overkill to explain the topend as a "downshift", Im just saying, im not the only one experiencing lack of topend with the 2 into 1, now... I still love it... but its true, less topend for me. So maybe an awesome 2 into 1 rider like your self... the self proclaimed king of 2 into 1 builds should enlighten the rest of us so that we can get our topend back...

please great 2 into 1 jedi, teach us the way.

Jokes aside though.... seriously, whats the build so I can compare the differences and maybe see where I should go.

Edited by slater

Also, mid range may not be "insane" compared to a dual carb setup, I didnt mean it that way, I meant that the mid range has my powerband in it. ( I could have just said that)

I describe the most intense part of the ride as insane, I did not mean in comparison to a dual carb, that was an assumption on your end.

Edited by slater

nice ZillaFreak

"I see you put your money where your mouth is.." lol jk man

what mm carb are you running? can I get some more information?

Maybe I have baught into the hype to much and this has limited me. 

I need more! :-D Please and thanks.

Some intel from DDQ on his build also. 

DDQ is very similar to mine, I am already aware of issue I have with my 35mm carb and its due to prior owners inability to jet right, I have done a pressure test on the engine to look for leaks and found none, everything holding fine at 6psi, so I moved on to the carb and have been going down in main size 2x now with no power loss but am almost positive I will get to a point that I may need to adjust needle size. If I am having an issue with topend then I believe it is here as plug chops are showing that I am still over fueling. (whats your opinion on this?)

My build is 30 over bore, cleaned up port, heads shaved 14, t5 pipes ( im aware I could use t6 instead for this build for gain, or a dif pipe but may do so down the road ) 35mm carb, stock airbox with billet perfect seal and k&n filter (similar to stock style) Airbox cover is cut open.

Keep pointing me toward success.

thanks.

Makes sense.

Its worth the cost to get a bigger bowl to see what happens. Thanks, ill start there. Couldnt hurt either way.

Also if DDQ could post his altitude,  jet sizes and needle size that would help me since he is probably running the same keihin 35mm carb I am. Although I may not need the same it could help me see how "fat" im running compared to a somewhat similar build.

Edited by slater