New Banshee owner, Need tech info.

slater

Man it seems real fat, the trinity 2 into one I had set up I ended up with a 158 main cel needle the pilot might have been a 52. Does your bike rev out? Sounds like the same guy built yours as the one I had here lol, it was my buddies bike, it went from me being able to wax him with my 450mxr to not after just re jetting his bike, his banshee originally had a fat ass jet in there too

This /\/\ makes it sound like it may be rich. Only two ways to tell. Plug chop/read or experience. Well, there is luck .......

I kinda did a plug chop, lol. Didnt warm it up and swap plugs but I put a brand new plug in it ran it cold and the plug was definitely dark and not the brown it should be. Im sure its running rich, you have to be that way on the throttle that I can just tell. Im going to go down on the main, Still doing research. Im going to move the C-clip down one notch to start.... or would it be up one notch?

Thanks

Edited by slater

After reading this article http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23546 ivdecided to go down on the main 1 size first from a 190 to a 180, Going to purchase a 170 also for backup. Also going to build that pvc leakdown tester, I will widdle it down from there. Maybe after float adjustment, Would going from a 47 pilot to a 50 or 52 add more fuel during idle or less? I think I should add fuel on idle because the screw was set at 1 1/2 turns and required me to give it a little gas to keep it running with 93 octane 32:1 mix fuel.

Did you try simply turning your idle up?

That will be my first step when I put it back together but I would like to have a backup on standby, I am going to purchase a size 45 pilot jet to have on standby in case I have to go to far out on the screw.

Something I really need help with guys, this may sound stupid so sorry if it does, 

All of the tutorials on jetting are not specific about what moving 1 main jet size is. Does it literally mean 1 size

EXAMPLE: for keihin carbs, is going from a 190 to a 188 moving a full size? or is moving from a 190 to a 180 considered a full size?

Thanks in advance for clearing that up for me, again sorry for such a simple question lol.

That will be my first step when I put it back together but I would like to have a backup on standby, I am going to purchase a size 45 pilot jet to have on standby in case I have to go to far out on the screw.

I really meant the IDLE adjustment screws.

One size, is one size, whatever carb or size that is available, ONE step up or down is one size.

Mikuni for example, a 200 to a 210 is one size. Once you get into the 600 range, one size up is a 650 iirc.

One size is the very next available, whatever it may be.

ISO purple BHQ hat. Sent from the whoops.

• Like 1