Right cylinder will not fire

Grason B

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum, I have a 1992 Banshee that is only running on the left cylinder. I have read through a lot of the similar posts, applied the advice that was given, and its still running on the one cylinder.

Here is a list of everything I have checked out and tried:

Compression - Left cylinder 120 psi, Right Cylinder 140 psi
Spark - Both plugs are getting spark, I swapped plugs & wires as well

Reeds - Both sets of reeds appear to be in good shape, I replaced the gaskets as well for the heck of it

Fuel - I tore both carbs down & cleaned them. I can watch fuel flowing into each cylinder as I rev it up with no air box on. They have been sync'd, and  I even went as far as swapping them.

Tank - I pulled the petcock out and cleaned the filters to ensure I have good flow of fuel

Stator Pickup - I set the gap to .018 and cleaned both nubs on the flywheel

Exhaust - The bike has been sitting for a few years, so I pulled the pipe off and shot air through it to make sure it wasn't clogged

I saw the post about doing the leak down test, I will be getting the parts tomorrow to build the tester.

Aside from that, do you guys have any other ideas?? I have been pulling my hair out over this thing... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Grason

Edited by Grason B

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, stock cabs, and the hose is there.

I did the leak down test tonight after making the tools this afternoon. It lost all pressure it about 40 seconds, The only spot I noticed it leaking was out of the top of the left intake manifold.

I would imagine there is a leak internal somewhere, I cant imagine it losing that much pressure, that fast, just out of "small" leak from the intake.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Grason

You might want spray around your spark plugs. Be surprised. If you fix the leaks, and still lose pressure spray around your crank seals.

I had a cheap ass air pump that would leak back once.

sent from yo mammy house.

You might want spray around your spark plugs. Be surprised. If you fix the leaks, and still lose pressure spray around your crank seals.

I had a cheap ass air pump that would leak back once.

I sprayed around the plugs, head, base gaskets, intake & exhaust ports, and the the tools I just made. The only spot I saw bubbles was the intake. I need to pull the covers off in order to spray around the crank seals, I guess its time to yank the engine out and see where the problem is.

Here is a picture of the bubbles coming from the left intake.

IMG_2668.JPG

That crossover tube on your intake looks beat to death man. Like it appears to have a few tiny holes. Maybe pic. That's a decent leak really.

That crossover tube on your intake looks beat to death man. Like it appears to have a few tiny holes. Maybe pic. That's a decent leak really.

Maybe Ill order a new cross over tube, nothing was leaking around there though.  The intake gaskets are brand new, and I tightened them as much as I could with out stripping out the holes in the cylinder. Do you run any sort of RTV on those gaskets? I put them in there dry.

I sprayed the valve stem & the gauge and neither of them were bubbling.