banshee clutch issue?

Mattchev

what are some reasons why clutch wont engage??

After bike rebuild, having some clutch issues. Clutches look good, soaked in oil for 45 mins - hour before install. Lined arm and arrow up and adjusted properly. Made sure pressure plate was in tight and flush with last fiber. When i start the bike and put in gear, you cant really feel the bike go into gear like usual. When lever is pulled and bike is in gear, it will want to move when you rev bike, and when you let out the clutch, the bike doesnt want to go anywhere. Any ideas?

Check that you assembled it with the shift rod and the ball. Some guys tend to lose it taking it apart and forget to put it in. Also, if you have adjusted everything else, did you also check the adjuster on the pressure plate? Also try just clocking the pressure plate again a few ways to see if it can seat any further.

Yup all fibers and steels, started and ended with fiber. 120% pressure plate is sitting correct..before I put fibers in, I lined it up and made a mark just to be sure. Key way def in pto gear and shift shaft is on star. It clicks through all gears fine.

Yup all fibers and steels, started and ended with fiber. 120% pressure plate is sitting correct..before I put fibers in, I lined it up and made a mark just to be sure. Key way def in pto gear and shift shaft is on star. It clicks through all gears fine.

I don't know. If the pto key way wasn't in the bike wouldn't start anyway.

But have you tried turning the clutch by hand with it in gear?

How much free play in the lever?

So when I roll the bike when it's in gear, there is not much resistance. It kinda just rolls almost as if the clutch is pulled. I took out pressure plate and pulled out fibers and steels and checked out inner hub and there were some gashes in it, which may have been keeping the steels to be able to move back and forth