Banshee will bump start but not kick start

Hello I have a 2000 Yamaha banshee. Ever since I got it, I couldn't start it (while engine cold) using the kick starter. I always have to bump it. I rode yesterday and when I went to start it today using the Kick starter it doesn't even sound like it wants to start. I push it down my drive way and pop the clutch in gear and pull the choke out a bit (choke won't stay out) and it fires right up everytime. I have spark, I have good compression (just rebuilt it back in August) I leak fuel from my carbs if I turn the gas on and kick it over 2 or 3 times. I ordered a jet kit specific to my bike from 6sigma. It runs great when it's warmed up! But a cold start, kick starting it is virtually impossible. Any info or opinions would help. Thanks!

I also have a 300 main jet, 27.5 pilot and needles are 4th from top. I run vp 94 octane premixed 40:1. Br8es spark plugs gapped .030. Haven't checked my timing to see if it was advanced or not. Is my needle on the wrong clip? Do I need a hotter spark? Stronger coil? Pilots to big? I know there are a lot of possibilities but it's been like this for over 2 years and it gets old having to bump start it before every ride. Thanks guys!

6 sigma jet kits are junk for the 660 raptor. Id imagine they are the same for the banshee. Instead of providing different carb needles they give you wonky spacers to raise the needle more than what the needle clip positions allow. They also use knock off jets.

First Id get the carbs fixed so they don't leak fuel. Probably need the floats adjusted and possible needle and seats. Id also fix the choke. You can kick it a lot harder if you don't have to stay hunched over to keep the choke pulled out while trying to kick it over.

Edited by jbooker82