At Glamis, overheating like crazy

JasonB

Lmao

Well the bikes running fantastic, temps are back in the normal range all yesterday 220 and below and I've been just beating the shit out of it. There's probably something in the other rad causing it to not flow right, I'm going to screw with it when I get home. Thanks for the help guys

I've got no fuckin idea why it was overheating with that radiator but the bike instantly started running cooler after I swapped the stock rad back on. Might be some packing foam or junk in that rad, but I'm sure as shit not going to fuck with it while I'm here at Glamis for a week if the bikes running great. I will update about what I find in the oversize rad when I get home if I find anything else.

Edited by JasonB

I'm sure if you had done this, you'd have said something, but considering you found shavings under the rad cap with the oversized rad, did you catch any coolant when you swapped out the rad?

And, did you flush your cooling system to remove all of the old coolant from the motor before putting the stock rad back on?

We caught most of the coolant when I swapped the radiator back over and I didn't see any shavings or questionable debris in the coolant so we put that coolant back in. I haven't seen anything floating or otherwise in the radiator

I didn't flush the system but I will be going through everything after this trip ends Saturday. Bikes been running great I couldn't ask for a better scenario since it was completely redone over xmas and has seen a week of pure hell in 90+ temps lol