Mods to make shee faster but fairly cheap

Ronaldkrause

I don't think you're going to have any success beating a YZ450F up a hill for $1k.  Those things make some serious power for what they weigh.  When my bike was new and had T5s and an open airbox, I was getting beat by a YZ250F.  The compression, timing, and reeds ($450 ish) didn't allow me to win either, but I was close.

If I had $1k for power only, I'd save up another $500 and build a 4mil.

If you have it ported, your crank may let go so you'll want to weld it.  Since you have to pull it to have it welded, you may as well just go with a 4mil.  Since you want to mill the head already, may as well go with an aftermarket head and domes for that 4mil.  No sense in porting and a new crank on old pistons, so buy new ones.  Then a clutch.  Then upgrading the junk transmission.  Then you're still on the stock suspension. 

A few hundred in upgrades can get out of hand quickly.  Do it right or don't do it at all.

Pretty solid advice here. Problem with milling head is you don't get advantage of better dome and squish profile. Could send head to Mull, or just get a cool head. Get some V4 reeds.

If you get porting, be sure to mention you may go 4mil in future.

Even some used Works will be huge improvement. They won't really lose much if any value till you upgrade later.

Also do shift star and shaft mods for now.

Speed costs, how fast can you afford to go?

To be the best of the best, you need the best.

Im ridding little sahara sand dunes in utah. But im interested in suspension as soon as i get the motor unstock. Hbu what dunes are you riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Utah? A neighbor, welcome! We're at St. Anthony.

KAN Powersports is a BHQ sponsor from Utah. I was just talking to a friend up here the other day who is going to have them do some Banshee engine work.

Looks like you've been given some great advice here. Good luck with it.

K&T Redline FAST are the sponsors i'd recommend  before any other

My local Banshee gurus would agree. They tell me all 3 are top of the line. I've bought from Redline and FAST and been pleased with the results. K&T is also in Utah. The '01 I just bought in Utah has K&T parts on it. Previous owner said they do good work.