34pj idle difficulties

Bansheenate

Well that sucks!.... when I had my 34's on mine liked a 52 pilot before I decided to chuck them in the bush and got a set of PWK's.

Which had all the basic mods + someones porting in "dune style"

Every bike is different though.... and you will get the odd ball motor once in a while that will like something against all odds... such as all your motors running a 58 and this one being much less... A lean pilot is supper easy to diagnose non the less..

He builds his own motors. No way you can tell/teach him anything. He's been running those PJ's since 1995 and finally mastered the idle with needle adjustment.

He wasn't a parts jockey. Duncan racing is a proven shop.I shouldn't have asked for advise.I should have just asked to buy the jets. But most race shops will start asking you a bunch of questions wanting to know what you are gonna do with them. You know the rest.I would never bad mouth them.I was telling him about my idle problem and he said it might be some other problem which made me second guess my work.oh well that's over and done with.I would listen to you guys if you had something positive to talk about. All you guys do is troll around and bash each other from what I've seen so far.you guys are like a pack of wolves lol.as soon as someone posts something it's attack time.you would have thought I posted something like set your idle with the throttle cable or run a pro design boost bottle.

It was Leonard I think.tricked carbine I know it's not your first rodeo.doing the triple exhaust port job was a nightmare.I don't work on bikes for a living,but I like to push myself to keep building faster shit.Im not one of those dremel tool hacks. I use cc specialties like you probably do along with most race shops. I've seen trinity stage 4 port jobs. Dean Sundahl. Alba racing. Along with garage guys like myself. I got the idea while reading about RDZ making triple exhaust ports before cheetah and Cubs even existed.racers machine who did my bore job after the welding warped my sleeves was impressed by my work.yes I have jetted many bikes in the past. Probably not nearly as many as you. You probably work for some race shop in Michigan where you guys have a local drag strip in town.just don't want to be talked down to when I do know some shit.you kinda tried to put me on blast right off the bat. That's why I got a little defensive.thats all.

Not a full time mechanic, just a side gig. I just hated how many people said these things are impossible to get to run right. So I did it for friends, their friends, etc. and it keeps me busy. Just like seeing how happy people get when you make their machine run perfect. We do have the room to run it right here, so that is an advantage. Its nice to be able to dial a bike in in an afternoon.

Made me think of decades ago, my friend put a drag header and modded air box on his 750 Honda. Went into Anderson's and said I need 4 xxx jets. Guy argued it wouldn't run with those. Told him IDGAF, that's what I want and I know not returnable.

Same as my son's Banshee, even tho everything indicated 27.5p , didn't cure starting issue until I went to 30p.

No two setups are same, that's the nature of tuning.

As to trolling, try thicker skin. Just the way it is around here. From the boss on down.

Long as it's not racist, anything goes.

• Like 1