Auto Trans 1-4 removal

I've done multiple trans to say the least , you can not do a simple drum, star swap . You would need a new drum and two new sliders on rear tranny shaft . .if everything is in good shape I could convert it to a pro mod rather easily

This guy will get you right!

not directed at anyone particular but I never seen the point to chasing down customers. do up a company website, list your in house services. if your work is any good the customer will find you, not the other way around

And then you have people who can actually build motors vs. people who pretend to on the internet.

Oh, I might add...that's not directed towards anyone.

• Like 3

Does anyone know the OP , I offered to help him out. He wants me to swap him a pro mod for his override but without knowing him or seeing him on here much I'm not very comfortable sending him one of my trans without making sure his is in good shape, I've seen to many hacked up overrides with every thing rounded out and not fixable. If anyone can vouch for him let me know

you cannot just swap a drum on an override to make it a stock backloadable trans.  the override uses the angle cut dogs to actually shift.  if they were left on and the drum swapped then back loaded it would destroy the trans in one good ride.  bent or burned up shift forks would most likely result in gear clash and then gradual destruction of the gears them selves.   it is possible to change a stock mod into an override ( most time..  i make sure mine are upgrade able)  but to convert back requires a lot of parts swappin. 

it would be best to just have the trans in qusetion pulled. sent to someone who does transmission work.  and either have it converted back  or swapped as a core trans for an stock modified transmission.  i have done this multiple times  most every time the override was backloaded so hard it damaged the non cut gears and mostly had just ok to run shafts  unless they were damaged also.  no matter what the trans in my mind would need inspected before any kind of deal was made.  a 1-4 dosent have the slider cut so sometimes its not to bad to convert back. 

Cam I'm well aware of all that and am willing to either swap parts or exchange entire tranny but he wanted me to ship a promod out without even seeing his tranny. If it was someone I knew or seen around a lot I wou consider but he just joined the other day and I wasn't comfortable sending out something I put time into

Cam I'm well aware of all that and am willing to either swap parts or exchange entire tranny but he wanted me to ship a promod out without even seeing his tranny. If it was someone I knew or seen around a lot I wou consider but he just joined the other day and I wasn't comfortable sending out something I put time into

It's fine, not really stressing it.I'm no thief and yes I'm new here because I didn't own a banshee previously. I'm not asking for a hand out. I'll just pull it and contact someone when it's out.