LED lights

That's a rectifier. But does it regulate output voltage ?

The ac is regulated, but not the output dc. I taught that it should be ok, but i saw some voltage peak this week end when testing.

That's why i told to wait for further tests. I'm working on one with a small regulator.

Some people told me they run it without regulator at all, but i dont think it's safe.

Maybe someday, after hours and days of experimentation. I work hard finally make enough to spend a few bucks when needed. When it's time to ride, I wanna ride, not tinker. What's your time worth?

Not, that munch. In fac, i should have gone directly to our electrical engineering dep. I tried to do it by myself, but ran into the voltage peak problem. They already solve the problem for me ;-) i will post the update soon.

Making stuff, for me, is a hobby of his own. I didnt bought my Shee to only ride it, i bought it as a long term project and my goal is to have as munch parts made by me as i can on it. I also have the 'privilege' to use top of the line cnc and software.

Serioulsy, would you do the same?

Look ok. The plus/minus on the dc side, make sure de capacitor side with a white strip is pluged to NEGATIVE, or it will blow.

Check the output dc voltage, if you have peak, wait before pluging your leds.

There is no specific white stripe on either side of the capacitor where the leads exit it. There is however one large white stripe on the capacitor with arrows on it which side would be to the negative the way I have it now the arrows are pointing towards the rectifier and are hooked up to the positive pointing that way.

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

Looks like a little negative symbol in the center of the arrows I would assume that would point to the side that would be the negative. Going to unsolder the pastor and flip it around install it and test voltage I will let you know

Sent from my C6730 using Tapatalk

27f65acfa654466327a4eadac7faab72.jpg6d90513fa0c64fba3bb37110cfaf4c56.jpgbb2e80c4d31881cb7ba62510afb06ba0.jpg

Recieved my lights needless to say I am gonna have to really figure out how to mod these to fit with out destroying them... Width I'm going to shave 1/16 inch off of each side and they will fit in the mount but the hole is about 1/8 of an inch too short....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it take a bushing or something like that, i will make them and send a couple to ya.

To complete the ac/dc converter, all you need is this : https://www.fairchildsemi.com/products/power-management/voltage-regulators/positive-voltage-linear-regulators/LM7812.html

1$ i think...so i will put the wiring online soon.

Edited by Santa Claude

Not, that munch. In fac, i should have gone directly to our electrical engineering dep. I tried to do it by myself, but ran into the voltage peak problem. They already solve the problem for me ;-) i will post the update soon.

Making stuff, for me, is a hobby of his own. I didnt bought my Shee to only ride it, i bought it as a long term project and my goal is to have as munch parts made by me as i can on it. I also have the 'privilege' to use top of the line cnc and software.

Serioulsy, would you do the same?

Machined stuff, yes and only if it didn't take to long to produce. But fiddling with 2 and three dollar electrical components with the goal of creating what someone else could of just sent me in three business days for $20 is nonsense to me.