why are 75% of Banshees FS so ugly

JasonB

i am parting out a CR500 powered hybrid atv right now in favor of buying my first banshee with some of the profits and holy crap i cant believe how many ugly banshees are out there for sale. Why do so many banshee owners plaster their bikes in chrome garbage, paint and sticker them up all funky colors? 9 our or 10 bikes i find for sale are just trashed, covered in some retarded 'sticker kit' and the ads look like a 5th grader wrote them; 'fast bike has ALL the mods not for kids'. Majority of the ads dont mention if they have titles or even the freaking year the bike is! No explanation of the mods just that the bike is 'super fast'. Cut fenders, ugly seat covers, skulls, iron crosses and monster energy drink trash all over! Im sorry its just baffling how this bike attracts that type of crowd, i just dont have words for some of the stuff! Its like the honda civic crowd of the car world 

End of my rant, im excited to pick up a lower hours machine this month. I have found a few near stock bikes that look like an adult owned and modified them. Cant wait to get my hands on one! 

on a side note if anyone is interested in a CR500 motor with a bunch of good parts including a Rekluse Z Start Pro let me know! 

the bike i am really interested in, price is reasonable and its tastefully modified. Exactly what i want. And the ad actually tells you about the bike

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/5257622790.html

I seen that on CL, im not too far from St. Louis, that's a little on the high side for this area. A buddy of mine bought one just like it for around $2,000 last year. I like the year

• Like 1

Here's the bike I am parting out, atc250r based bike. Bike and motor are both for sale separately, I have new born twin girls at home and need some extra cash and figured I would swap out to a banshee while I was at it lol

Bike and motor listings below

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/snw/5297692265.html

And

http://stlouis.craigslist.org/snw/5305699549.html

Trying to get into my photobucket account to share a few pics of the bike but it's being retarded. Here's a video of the roost it was throwing at Glamis in California this year when we drove out there

https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FmW1tMS9oDr8&h=WAQFk9qk5&s=1

I was looking for a 2000 or newer machine in the hopes I'd get something that was still semi fresh and not been totally rebuilt multiple times. I'm a dreamer what can I say lol. I'm not totally anti stickers but seriously some of the bikes for sale have so much tacky junk on them haha. Your bike looks good man, I can get down with some 80's color scheme all day long!

I posted the for sale links for the motor and bike, it's all pricey junk

quote name="GRAVEL" post="1761407" timestamp="1446987157"]well, to answer a few questions......year is not listed because after the 80s they are all the same. Not for kids because some dick heads think they need to buy one for their 12 yrold and then said kid ends up in the hospital. and mods not listed because if your buying a banshee.....good odds your gunna do a compressoin and leak down when ya get it anyway.....thatll tell ya what its got.

and what you got against stickers bro! i like stickers! and my yellow/purple paint scheme

on a side note.....how much ya askin for the motor? shipped to 50454?

im excited to pick up a lower hours machine this month. I have found a few near stock bikes that look like an adult owned and modified them.

They're out there. I bought one last spring just like you described for $1500, only mod was an old set of pipes. I just posted a picture of it in the "custom 90's" thread yesterday. Came with original factory wheels and tires plus a nice set of older sand tires. Did some routine maintenance on it and took it to the dunes.

Then the fun started. New tires, some bolt on engine mods, better suspension. As of yesterday another $2000+ and the end is not yet in sight! . So unless you get real lucky on your purchase, plan on spending more after you buy.

And if you can do compression and leak down tests before you buy, even better.

You call a banshee ugly look how ugly that 3 wheeler is I'd be embarrassed to ride that thing even at night time people will think I lost a wheel or something.

Nothin wrong with a 30 year old bike (or trike) that can still hang. If not for the three wheeler craze of the 80's sport quads would probably not be what they are today. These are a piece of history just like Bangshees. Not a damn thing wrong with them

• Like 4