Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Your loading vehicles are less than standard options in today's world. OMG you have cruise and tilt and window defrost. This is nothing. 

I rather own a car that has nice features to make my life easier. Only a stupid person wants to work harder.

You admitted you never ran all those test to check a used car. 

Like said already, you don't value your time, you rather work on an older car than do something else.

Not everyone needs to live like a 40 year old cougar that thinks she is a princess, you and your soft skin, yea no older vehicles are comfortable they are all just horrible. Lol some of the most comfortable vehicles are from the 50s-70s... and alot of other older vehicles.

Nope i made all that up you are right never tested anything lmfao...even if i did it does no good according to you right? when you drop your piece of shit off at dealership they probably dont test anything either since it doesnt do any good.I Really dont have to work on my personal vehicles much they are pretty bullet proof because i know what the fuck im doing.

Ya , I put the 6.0 cooler on last month. I still don't see how people justify 70k for a new truck. If people would stop buying them the price would come down. 50k would be reasonable.

The car market lures people to buying shit, just like mcdonalds and everywhere else. You have too many idiots like zilla people will never stop buying new shit.

What other stupid questions?

C130 is being phased out by the c-17. Air planes are always being phased out, but it takes time to change a complete fleet out when produce is very low and you have a big fleet. 

I answered your questions.

As for reliability of a vehicle, you can find where 10 people never have a problem with their car, other of that ten 2 people never do anything for maintenance. That same car, you can have people that are always on top of thing but the car still breaks. Shit happens. You can have it the other way. 10 people have a car and it is nothing but problem. Then you have that one person that never works on it at all and never has issues. 

The reason for a new car is, you don't have to work on it. You don't have to be out a car. You don't have to own 10 cars so you have something to drive while you work on the other 9.

Wrong lmfao 130 is being phased out by a c17 huh interesting, where does the c-5 play in this? You really are full of shit be careful on those waters i work on all 3 of those 130, c17 and c5.

Lets say it did get phased out here soon, how many years has a c130 been around? How long does it take to change a fleet out? Pretty sure its not 70 years...

By 40 year old cougar, do you mean having nice things.

I much rather own a vehicle that has luxuries than feel like I am in a hostel.

Princess...soft skin. Oh my gawd this 10 year old vehicle is hurting my bones, every old vehicle just rides so horrible! You got a fuzzy pink steering wheel cover to keep your hands nice and comfortable too?

You arent going to convince him of anything, let him continue with his beliefs. lmao.

I'm not convincing anyone, and all my vehicles were purchased new but the prices are crazy now. When I run into people with new trucks they usually regret the purchase due to price not quality.

What's wrong with the 7.3 auto trans I've got 140k on mine and works like new?

Nothing is wrong with them unless they are abused.

My first 99 F350 went 115,000 towing 10,000 - 17,000 lbs DAILY. It failed because of an abusive employee...

My 2002 F350 Dually has 160,000 on it now with the original tranny. Working harder and pulling heavier then the 99 did/does. Frequent trailer loads up to 30,000 lbs. Nothing g wrong with it at all.

The 4r100 is a known weak link for the 7.3.

If you never tow big loads, they are ok. Most people mod the transmission with a better valve body, or building them up completely.

See above ^^^ Nick

I actually have a nice heated leather steering wheel that I can adjust perfectly for me. 

But lets compare what you say were the years cars were great, the 90s. So at least 15 years old. Those cars today, on average are POS. They are worn down. They are beat. 15 years at the national average of 13.5K miles a year is 200K miles on them. So ya, after 15 years and 200K miles, cars are worn out. 

Not everyone is a princess. Why have i owned probably 10 vehicles with over 200 or 300k and daily drove them for years then? Why do trucking companies run trucks sometimes to over 1mil miles? Why has AF been using 130s since 50s, c17s since 93, c5s since 60s and are still using them all today? They should have just got new planes after 15 years i guess.

Where did you come up with 70 years? The c17 is only 25 years old. The c130 isn't even 70 years old.

It takes time to phase out a 30 million dollar plane with 200 million dollar one.

The older C130 is nothing compared to the newer C17.

...a 130 is 70 years, c17 is from 93, c5 is from 67-68. Oh so its taken them 70 years to phase it out? even though it isnt phased yet? You dont think its because it was extremely mission capable and reliable?

Where did you come up with 70 years? The c17 is only 25 years old. The c130 isn't even 70 years old.

It takes time to phase out a 30 million dollar plane with 200 million dollar one.

The older C130 is nothing compared to the newer C17.

Lol oh really tell me all about it, im so curious better get on wiki.

Maybe I said it wrong, but the 4r100 is the weak link. But like I said before, some people never have issues, so do. It would have sucked when my overheated one the first trip out with it after buying the truck. I would have been out some money and stranded hours away from home. My trans started to over heat, the OEM gauge didn't show it, and it lost lots of fluid. I was able to catch when I was filling up.

Yea you said a lot of shit wrong lmao...It does not end there.

Not everyone is a princess. Why have i owned probably 10 vehicles with over 200 or 300k and daily drove them for years then? Why do trucking companies run trucks sometimes to over 1mil miles? Why has AF been using 130s since 50s, c17s since 93, c5s since 60s and are still using them all today? They should have just got new planes after 15 years i guess.

Trucking companies are keeping older trucks to avoid aftertreatment mostly

You

The c130 wasn't there to replace the C5. That is like saying a s10 truck is going to replace a 3500 truck. The C5 was massive. The c130 wasn't on the same scale.

If you are going to compare planes, you ones that are similar. 

Yea because it couldnt the c5 didnt come until 60s, hell a 130 with the wings off fits in a c5s cargo...you realize the c17 is not that much smaller then a c5 right? its only a little smaller.

These planes are very related they are our top 3 military cargo planes, if they are not similar which ones are?