Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Dropped the work f450 off at the dealer today to get the turbo replaced for the second time truck has 97k miles. But the dealer said they are lifetime warranty the turbos now. So we will see how long number 3 last

Damn. What year is it?

I'm not gonna brag on mine. It's done good so far besides an EGR cooler and an up-pipe. Need the fucker to last until I buy a new one in '18.

The 6.7 powerstroke turbo setup is garbage until they switched it up in 2015. Get to 100,000 with stock to keep Ford responsible for any turbo issues until warranty is up and then go with a industrial injection or H&S single turbo setup. I'd be curious to see if dealer holds to his statement of lifetime turbo warranty, when it comes to warranty work they like to find ways to blame you before they replace anything.

Enviado desde mi XT1585 mediante Tapatalk

The 6.7 powerstroke turbo setup is garbage until they switched it up in 2015. Get to 100,000 with stock to keep Ford responsible for any turbo issues until warranty is up and then go with a industrial injection or H&S single turbo setup. I'd be curious to see if dealer holds to his statement of lifetime turbo warranty, when it comes to warranty work they like to find ways to blame you before they replace anything.

Did the 11-15 6.7s have twin turbos?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They have a VGT turbo setup that they refer to as "a single turbo that acts as a sequential turbo setup." It's an interesting concept, there's a really good article on this website about what they changed in 2015 and how it differs from the original setup.

http://www.enginelabs.com/engine-tech/engine/an-inside-look-at-the-6-7-power-stroke-including-2015-updates/

The setups from industrial injection and H&S are true singled. Nothing super fancy like the VGT but they are more reliable, simpler, little bit more turbo lag but much more potential for boost pressures without blowing your turbo. All around more dependable than a VGT in my opinion.

Ya I've considered a big single for mine. But mine hasn't given me any trouble and pulls anything I want. Not gonna fix what's not broke. I know mine has true twins but I think one is variable vane or maybe it is true VGT. Not totally sure.

I used to be a GM guy but the last "real" job I had we had all Fords. 3 of them 6.0s, 2 were 7.3s and 1 was a V10. We had very little trouble with any of them. They've still got the 6.0s and they've all got well over 250k on stock parts and no major repairs whatsoever.

I've got a 6.4 and I think I must be the 1 guy in the country that hasn't had trouble with it. I had an EGR cooler start leaking but had already bought the delete kit so I just put it on and went on about my business.

People always avoid the 6.0s because of the known issues but if you're aware of the issues and do some simple fixes they're great running trucks. We still have 5 or 6 of them in our fleet and most are over 200,000. We don't have very many 7.3s left but those have been pretty much bulletproof. As much as people have said about the 6.4s having a ton of problems, we've had good luck with ours as well, we've actually bought a couple that people thought they had destroyed and we bought one assuming we'd do an engine swap on it and ended up just replacing injectors, EGR delete, and a tune and it runs great.

• Like 1

People always avoid the 6.0s because of the known issues but if you're aware of the issues and do some simple fixes they're great running trucks. We still have 5 or 6 of them in our fleet and most are over 200,000. We don't have very many 7.3s left but those have been pretty much bulletproof. As much as people have said about the 6.4s having a ton of problems, we've had good luck with ours as well, we've actually bought a couple that people thought they had destroyed and we bought one assuming we'd do an engine swap on it and ended up just replacing injectors, EGR delete, and a tune and it runs great.

Finally. Someone else who gets it.

Too many people throw stones when they don't understand the big picture of the 6.0 and 6.4 motors.

• Like 1

Finally. Someone else who gets it.

Too many people throw stones when they don't understand the big picture of the 6.0 and 6.4 motors.

But it. Pay for new parts. Replace them the day you bring it home because the oem don't work. On a brand new truck.

If i buy something new it should work. If not, why buy it?

• Like 1

But it. Pay for new parts. Replace them the day you bring it home because the oem don't work. On a brand new truck.

If i buy something new it should work. If not, why buy it?

Because for $1200 you can have one with more power, better mileage, less bullshit, and way fewer problems than a new one. Just a guess.

• Like 1