Whats Going On Here ?

reas11

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing that quirks me is when people are warned, asked, told, helped, etc.. on how to use the search and to fix there problem and they IGNORE IT. That makes my skin crawl, when someone goes out of there way to help the newbie and they just ignore it and post the SAME question in a different category  . I don't mind someone slipping up and posting something in the wrong category or posting when the question was asked not 3-4 days prior

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not to punish all because of the actions of a few, but here's an idea I had that might calm things down.

1) Limit the number of threads a "newbie" can start to 2-3 per day. (might help them learn to use the search function or at least think about what they are going to ask)

2) Limit the number of posts a "newbie" can make to around 5 per day.

I guess you could define "newbie" as someone with 75 posts or less.

I think this will let them earn the privilage of using this great forum as a source of invaluable information and, if they are a true and solid member, I wouldn't think it would bother them. If they are here to post bullshit, it will get old being restricted.

This idea might be really flawed. What do you's guys think?

I am a newbie and i understand where you guys are coming from. I come here to learn, I am new at this banshee stuff this is my first one. It pisses me off seeing all the bull shit also. I think that 5 messages a day is more that enough. I know that you can lie about it but what about an age limit? I have only been on here for a very short time and I have learned alot ahole lot met new and good people and ass hole like these kids are going to mess it up for us good new fooks just trying to learn and make new friends. For all of you that have helped me...........Thanks

Rick

Not to punish all because of the actions of a few, but here's an idea I had that might calm things down.

1) Limit the number of threads a "newbie" can start to 2-3 per day. (might help them learn to use the search function or at least think about what they are going to ask)

2) Limit the number of posts a "newbie" can make to around 5 per day.

I guess you could define "newbie" as someone with 75 posts or less.

I think this will let them earn the privilage of using this great forum as a source of invaluable information and, if they are a true and solid member, I wouldn't think it would bother them. If they are here to post bullshit, it will get old being restricted.

This idea might be really flawed. What do you's guys think?

I am a newbie and i understand where you guys are coming from. I come here to learn, I am new at this banshee stuff this is my first one. It pisses me off seeing all the bull shit also. I think that 5 messages a day is more that enough. I know that you can lie about it but what about an age limit? I have only been on here for a very short time and I have learned alot ahole lot met new and good people and ass hole like these kids are going to mess it up for us good new fooks just trying to learn and make new friends. For all of you that have helped me...........Thanks

Rick

Now Rick is the kinda guy we all enjoy helping and thats what this sites about, i would think someone would have to sit and think about the stupid shit there posting asking someone how to turn a corner on your bike and in the next post shoot for the theory behind a two cycle motor is only a prankster, and attention whore........

~~~ Originally posted by "kick ass newbie"

Rick

That sounds like EVERYONE of the people that now have over 300 post on this site when they first started out.... That's what I like to hear.

Mike

If this is true, you have changed your tune rather quickly. I seem to recall a post this morning in fact It's right here where your tune was ALOT different. I hope that this trend continues among the new folk. I love helping people out, (oddly enough) and it sickens me when people just start fucking around.

I think a big reason is that during the transformation to the new forums, many small threads, which contained some good info for people w/ commonly asked and minor questions, were removed for conversion reasons.

Once these are back in the forums again for a period of time, and the forums build back up to par (I'm sure it won't be long), we'll see things start to normalize again.

If you see someone double posting, you can let me know of the thread & I will remove the extra posts. Simply click on the Report button to send the thread URL and info to me.

Collectively, we can whip this back into shape again in no time.

As for Stang.. if you see him back on, let me know. I banned him.

Thanks!

-Lee