Wiseco Stroker WR10008 386 Help

Yami-Rider

So, a guy brought me a 05 banshee basket case. I have it put back together, but I'm not sure on what parts I'm missing for the stroker kit. Motor has a wiseco +4mm stroker crank, stock unported cylinders, Cool head with 18cc domes, customer just wants it to run again.

It had Vito Super Sport pistons in it. They had been kicked around and the rings were rusty, so i didn't want to put that back in. Vito's are on back order for 2-3 months. I noticed they have the same wrist pin to dome height as Wiseco Pro-lites. So i orders pro-lites and bored to fit. Wasn't sure how that was going to work being its a stroker motor...well it doesn't, the top ring sticks out the top of the cylinder. So, am i missing a really thick spacer plate? Should i have ordered the Wiseco stroker pistons? How did these vito's work, must of had a spacer plate..correct? What's my cheapest option? just trying to make it run again.

Any help will be really appreciated. I know a bit about 2-stroke pwc motors, and 4-stroke quads, but this is the first banshee I have mess with. 

No spacer plate! Get the 795's if you have a long rod stroker crank. The piston crown will still be above deck a little, but you cut the domes to compensate. You will need to have porting touched up though.

OR.... CALL DRIVELINE.(Lane is the son of Vito's founder) They got a new piston that makes it all work pretty damn well with out all the extra work.

Thanks for the info. I went ahead and ordered 795's, so i can have them monday. 

Do you have to special order the cool head stroker domes from pro design? Not seeing stroker domes in the book by that company.  What kind of port work needs to be done? any info on that? Will it run like crap if i just put it together without the port work?

Edited by Yami-Rider

This is for a customer?like there paying you to do this?

Yap. Would be pretty straight forward minus the strokers issues. I have built plenty of motors in the past. Just never mess with banshees, but they are all basically the same.

Looks like his son, put the stroker crank in but didn't go any further. So that would explain why the top end isn't right.

Looks like ill just cut these domes to the right squish. 

Will it run at least as good as stock if you don't port the cylinders? He just wants it to run again. 

FFS

Maybe this has been covered many times? A link would be a lot more helpful...
Edited by Yami-Rider

Lane is not related to Vito. But yes, we could set you up with the correct pistons and corresponding domes. Your piston is traveling 7mm higher with a long rod 4m stroker. The 5mm longer rod is made up for with the 795 pistons leaving you with 2mm to make up with either base gasket and or cutting domes.

No shit? I was always under the impression they were family. That's a trip.