Quad runs full throttle as soon as you start it.

I managed to weld the ball and push rod together, so I pulled the motor and split the cases. (first time doing this so may have done something wrong.) I basically only removed what I had to, and slightly lifted tranny to put new push rod in. then did the pancake bearing update. I did lift the crank from the bottom some because i had to put the new crank seal on. then i put it back together with yamabond. The stator i didnt know if it had to be lined up or somethin like a 4stroke timing, so i just put the flywheel on the key and bolted flywheel on, toqued down etc. carbs sat for probably 8 months on there sides on the ground, in a non dusty spot. put them in and didnt know what needle went with what carb so tried both. both times the quad runs full throttle as soon as youstart. i dont think i have a t.o.r.s, previous owner must have removed that, and the needle/throttle cable appear to be working right, i checked both of them, they slide right. i do have alot of open connections under fuel tank, not sure what thats about. any ideas?? cant figure this out, and when i say full throttle, i mean its damn near gonna blow and the twist lever is resting all the way forward... thanks

How were the cases sealed up. Top half completely removed and both halves cleaned before yams bond?

You say the throttle is forward. If you wick it and let go do you hear the slides clack closed? Pull the filters and move the throttle while you watch the slides. Make sure they aren't hung up. Also, check your throttle cable at each junction point. If the end comes out of a carb top or where the 2/1 splitter is, it will make a bike rev to the moon.

the throttle cable did come out of one carb, i just pushed it back in? and good idea on the filter pulling. I did use a rough pad on a drill and spun all over the cases to clean old stuff off. then applied thick yamabond everywhere

I bet we just found the problem.

Follow the throttle cable out of the carb tops. Make sure they aren't hung up there. Now follow them up to where they go in to a fitting as a pair and come out as a single toward the throttle. That fitting is the "splitter" that I am referring to. Check to make sure the cable is in each bung and seated fully. I've seen TONS of guys rebuild a motor that starts and revs to the moon. Almost always it's a cable that was tugged around on motor install.

okay! ill give that a shot. is there a certain way i should route the cable? i just ran it in open space really.. i do have a clymer, I could check that haha. I did pull both caps and had a buddy twist the throttle and they moved seemed to move up and down correctly? so not sure why they wouldnt in the carbs when the caps are back on, but could be!

Edited by hondaracing02