Help a dude out with some paddles!

Dunatic619

Dunatic619 - what dunes are you primarily riding?

What tire pressure have you been running?

I have found that Sand Star fronts steer too quickly and are too responsive in the course heavier sand at St. Anthony. I prefer my Mohawks there.

I have found that the sand in Oregon is much softer and almost fluffy compared to St Anthony. I prefer my Sand Star fronts there as they handle and respond much better in that type of sand. My Mohawks tend to push and have poor response in the soft sand.

Edit: Are you running a steering stabilizer?

• Like 1

@ DP: thanks for the info. I'm keeping the sandstars fronts and buying another set of fronts and will compare the two.

@ strm: the dougies look bad ass! Do you run em?

@LE: primary hang out out glamis, gordens well, and pismo. Usually run about 5lbs in front and rear. I do have a stabilizer, I think that bitch my turned to the strongest setting. I'm sure that has something to do with it. You know which way is softer Vs harder?

2 questions for you about your front end following the trail:

First, are your rims reversed?

Second, is your front end aligned properly?  Wheels should be pointed in about 1/4".
Check out the "how to guide" at Lonestars webisite.  I have mine set up as they recommend and mine doesn't wander...

http://lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf

My front tires of choice are STU Razor Backs... Hell Yea!

Edited by jayzx10r

My front tires of choice are STU Razor Backs... Hell Yea, they're the best front tire for sand duning peroid!!

Out back, I run Sandstars on a 9" rim.  They hook up real well... and I used them on my 421Serval and a +2 swinger. 

I hate duning on my 21x12x8 8 paddle Haulers... totally sux.  They're only good for dragging and I dune/drag the same ratio as you! 

2 questions for you about your front end following the trail:

First, are your rims reversed?

Second, is your front end aligned properly?  Wheels should be pointed in about 1/4".
Check out the "how to guide" at Lonestars webisite.  I have mine set up as they recommend and mine doesn't wander...

http://lsracing.com/img/Guide_21.pdf