Dunatic619

Looking to step up my paddle game from my sandstars. Here's my mods

+4ml

Dune port

Port matched

Gas domes (150 psi)

+2 timing

Shearer inframes

I currently have a +6 swinger, but I'm changing to a +4 when I get a chance. Bike was a little more work to maneuver in the dunes than I liked. I've got a bad back and don't like to throw too much hip into the turns. I'm hoping the +4 will make her a little more nimble. I also felt the the dual ridge sand star fronts had a little too much bite. Is it worth it to switch to kenda /razr/Mohawk fronts? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. I also have elka stage 4s all the way around if that makes a difference. Thanks again.

Sand stars spin to much in loose dry sand. I personally love hauler super lights in a 10 paddle on a +4 swing arm. But i think for you, you might like the skat edge paddles maybe try them in a 10 paddle cause you have a 4mill motor.

@ dmx: 90% dune, 5% hill shoot, 5% flat drag.

@ sheerider: the sandstars do slide around. But not a whole lot of bite from a dig. It's not hard to steer, but it feels like the front wants to follow every rut in the sand. It's actually not that bad. But I wanted the tires to float on the sand. I felt the the sandstars front tires where just to damn heavy for that to happen. The engine can break loose the rear easily. But trying to start from a dig, the tires seem to fall flat.

@ sandking: is that what you're running? How's the weight of the Mohawks?

@ sandslinger: that's why I'm looking for a different sand tire.

Thanks for all the responses guys. I forgot that the bike is actually aggressive mx ported. Not dune. Cases are port matched. But it's an aggressive mx port done by HJR. I also have +2+1 arms. I already have the +4 swinger, but I'm wondering if a +3 will give me more of what I'm looking for. Got on my cousins LTZ 440 and that things is crazy nimble compared to my shee. So much easier to slide around. I also have some triple buff 22" haulers on 8" .120, so I know the haulers do just that, HAUL. But I'm worried the tires wont slide around like I want to. And these damn things are to expensive to buy and try. So what everyone thing about the size. I know I want 10s so I can slide around. But not sure on cup qty and overall size. Thanks for the lo everyone.

I dug out my haulers. They're 22-11-8 @ 9 cups. Found a bike shop local that has a set of used triple buffed Mohawks. Going to try those and see what it does. Ended up losing my + 3 swinger. My boy ended up asking for it back. He went back to a stock swinger and had a hard time keeping his front end down. I'll roll the + 4. Thanks for help everyone!!!

Edited by Dunatic619

• 2 weeks later...

The sand star fronts are about as good as it gets for steering in the front. You do get more float out of Mohawks but they're hardly any better then smoothies for turning. If the ruts are deep enough in the sand, no tire will keep you out of them.