2006 anniversary edition...

I need some help/advice here people. I am a motorcycle guy....always have been since I was young. I owned many bikes throughout my years and just recently sold my YZ 450F. Getting a little older now and I want to buy a quad. I always loved the yellow and black special edition banshee from 2006 and I finally have a chance to buy one. I know they are rare and I know they are usually abused but this one isn't. It has a title and I would be buying it from the second owner. It is still on its original bore and the only add on is a set of fmf pipes. It is in excellent condition and the only thing it really needs is tires. I will post pics if necessary, but I am trying to see what a fair price is on it. The guy wants 3000 but I am thinking more like 2600. What do you guys think? It seems like they are in demand from what I have researched....so would I have a difficult time selling it in the future.

Any help is appreciated!

All depends on where you live. A buddy of mine just sold a black 06 limited for 4400 that was all stock and in nice shape. (Pa)

Does the quad your looking at have a title? If so, id say 3k is fair if its in good to excellent shape. But hell, if he will go for 2600 thats even better.

Remember, most of the time its not what the object is worth.... Its what the buyer is willing to pay.

Post some pics.

• 2 months later...

This is kind of off topic but I was browsing the various Yamaha by country websites a couple days ago and according to Yamaha-Argentina, the Banshee is still in the model line-up there.  Along with the 350, the 450 and the 700's.  i thought they were only available till 2012 or 2013 in Australia.  According to the line-up it's the same red, white and blue color scheme that it was when it was supposedly discontinued.  Who knows.