DIY homemade Porting and Engine rebuild

He has some knowledge of what he is trying to do and is asking for help. If you notice, that attitude goes a long way on here.

ya and still nobody is helping him. oh wait you did tell him to chamber the ports hahaha

like i tell everyone else, pick up some used tools from ebay and a few sets of used up jugs at $30/pair and practice a bit before touching your good parts

Big weave the best knowledge is gained tools in hand , intended use of cylinders is allways a starting point that will depict sizes and volumes of ports . Everyone has there own style and hand work, better tools better job. You can overthink things on paper very easily I've seen very well thought out cylinders still run like shit , a few adjustments and they scream without adjusting a single port timing. Some people like to do the math , I like spinning on a degree wheel for final timings. I will rough cut everything within a mm of where I think it should be , bore/hone, degree wheel and finish you can't give metal back

• Like 3

This guy has actually posted pictures of his cylinders, more than you have ever done. Guess he isn't scared of someone steeling his work through a picture on the internet.

That is always the tipping point it seems.   

Difference, this guy didn't come in acting like a hard ass know it all (like ru). He has some knowledge of what he is trying to do and is asking for help. If you notice, that attitude goes a long way on here.

Yea but let's be honest RU is a troll and even the regular Joes get beat up as well when they do this sort of thing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

New Stuff!!!

after a long time of working, family and so on i did some care to my project.

at first i did some portmaps (not complete) of my jugs and im very scared about the bad quallity of yamahas production. 

very different port timing on the ports. see the pics and compare. 

note: the numbers are not 100% right

an now some basic question.

you see the pic with the cutted cylinder an the port matching to the porttunnel (big arrow). It is better to glue the section with liquid metal or reshape the sleeve port?

in the second case the porttimes are very high?

i hope you can discuss this with me ;-)

Zyli_l.jpg

Zyli_r.jpg

URL=http://www.pic-upload.de/view-29063523/zyli_buchse.jpg.html]zyli_buchse.jpg[/url]

Edited by Robert80

on the older cylinders from yester year its not uncommon to see mismatches between the sleeve and casting or the window dimensions to differ from side to side. some hondas had the same problem. even some of the older plated cylinders had window heights that varied from side to side. i prefer to assemble the topend and use a degree wheel to figure everything out rather than measuring from the top down

• 3 years later...