Crank question

skneal01

Ok. I'm not really set on the Athena, it just seems to be a good price for everything you get. I will look into the serval I still have a good cool-head, what size domes should I order if I go stock or slightly over(.50)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29L rod is the standard yamaha rod so its probably a stock crank. We just always say to stay away from the athena kits is that many members had the plating peel off very quickly and for the little bit of extra money you can get a serval which is usually known as a better power producer as well.

That's good to know, I was wondering why everyone was hating on the Athena kits. I think I'll cash in my pennies, and get a serval. If I get a stock size serval cylinders, what size domes should I order for the domes? The old ones aren't marked, and I don't know what cc stock is.

That's good to know, I was wondering why everyone was hating on the Athena kits. I think I'll cash in my pennies, and get a serval. If I get a stock size serval cylinders, what size domes should I order for the domes? The old ones aren't marked, and I don't know what cc stock is.

Call a SPONSOR or REPUTABLE SHOP. They will get you very thing you need. No guessing and getting shit wrong. You can even have them port it and get you some HP.

Lol! I would but I'm on a budget(wife) lol. I just spent $5500 less than a month ago to buy these two banshees, then on our first trip out the yellow one blows itself up! So now I have to explain to my wife why I need to spend $1000-$3000 on a new motor! the more money I can save on the rebuild the less I have to sleep on the couch!!! Lol

BTW, I'm military, so I'm not exactly rolling in cash either! Lol

Dude. Listen to people who know. Spend a little now,or a lot later. Call a sponsor, prices are as good or better than ebay, plus service after the sale.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Well I managed to get the engine out. Haven't taken it apart yet, got sidetracked. I've decided to completely strip the frame and have it powder coated. I have it almost all the way tore down except for the rear swing arm. I was looking for the serial number on the frame and can't find it. The frame was powder coated previously, and I'm not sure where the number usually is. Can someone let me know where the numbers are usually stamped. I have a title, but I'm not sure that does me any good without some legible serial numbers on the frame. Thanks. BTW, I'm going with Serval cylinders, hotrod crank, 19cc domes, and rebuilding/re-jetting my Keihin carbs. Having the frame powder coated a light burgundy, and ordering carbon fiber look plastics. It's going to be a lengthy process, but I think I will be happy in the end. 66aad45f222cffe923482825143b1dd3.jpg0aa13b49d5bce214ca6790eb992fcf7e.jpg0342c4b54530ba7ebb8b9d33b14330b3.jpg46a73fead1ba523c227b2ce220590acc.jpg4e27d287f06527d39e56d9641991faab.jpg

Well I managed to get the engine out. Haven't taken it apart yet, got sidetracked. I've decided to completely strip the frame and have it powder coated. I have it almost all the way tore down except for the rear swing arm. I was looking for the serial number on the frame and can't find it. The frame was powder coated previously, and I'm not sure where the number usually is. Can someone let me know where the numbers are usually stamped. I have a title, but I'm not sure that does me any good without some legible serial numbers on the frame. Thanks. BTW, I'm going with Serval cylinders, hotrod crank, 19cc domes, and rebuilding/re-jetting my Keihin carbs. Having the frame powder coated a light burgundy, and ordering carbon fiber look plastics. It's going to be a lengthy process, but I think I will be happy in the end. 66aad45f222cffe923482825143b1dd3.jpg0aa13b49d5bce214ca6790eb992fcf7e.jpg0342c4b54530ba7ebb8b9d33b14330b3.jpg46a73fead1ba523c227b2ce220590acc.jpg4e27d287f06527d39e56d9641991faab.jpg

It's located on the bottom of the frame. In front of the left foot peg position, and towards the bottom. Should be anyway.

sent from yo mammy house