New Here and just bought a clean JD Racing Banshee

Hey Everyone I am new here but have had a few different Banshees in my life. I haven't had one in a few years and been away from riding but ran across this original Jim Dunken "JD Racing" built bike and just couldn't pass it up. 

I started riding Banshees when me and my father bought the first two that came to the west coast. Shortly after that we met Jim and he was just experimenting on porting and building them in his garage after he got off work at night.

Hell I still have my old JD racing jackets when I would race his bikes for him at Florence.

I know live in Vegas and should be breaking myself back in at Dumont once the weather cools back down.

post-49864-0-51485100-1434652299.jpg

• Like 3

He didn't do frames he did motors and legendary motors. I think this is one of the wife's of one of his friends when he rode.

It's not a stroker just built 350 and it has a thumb throttle and headlights still and I know just the women left those on in the group he rode with.

I just need to get some of the surface rust off and go thru everything so i can get it back on the starting line.

Has purple on it, would ride! Sweet bike, let's see some more photos!

I took pics with my phone but had to shrink that one down so much to get it to upload it's barely big enough to see.

I'll try to shrink down some more or can you link photos that are on another website so it's bigger and more clear?

And, in case you're not familiar with photobucket, go there, create an account, upload your pics full size, and then go to your library and click on the pic.

When you're in a screen of your pic, click in the IMG box highlighted in the red ellipse.

That'll copy the IMG code and then right click paste into your thread, and whalla...

That's a view of Sand Mountain, NV from highway 50...

sm.jpg