Elka stage 3 package

Abe

Anybody that has bought the stage 3 rear with dual rate Springs feel like the top small spring is near pointless ? Just got mine on and rolling yesterday and any weight at all on the bike immediately collapses the top spring.

I have not really set it up just got it rolling yesterday and after hearing a few bad stories from other members that bought the kit I was trying to make sure everything seem legit with them. Started out with little to no preload then turned the collar down about 3/4 of an inch. The preload did raise the rear some and made it feel somewhat stiffer but still as soon as any weight is applied the top spring go's completely compressed. Don't know if this pic is much help but here it is.20150613_164755_zpstgotsanr.jpg

Here this one , what do you guys need to see ? The coil is really small and I couldnt imagine it holding much but just seems like wasted travel. I did stick a tire gauge to the Schrader valve just to insure some pressure was there. It immediately maxed out my 120psi gauge so it does have some charge for sure.20150511_223937_zpsnmqlfmxe.jpg

Just relized I may have not been clear with my description, the shock does suspend the weight of the bike itself (no motor currently) just any Weight applied to the rear collapses for first coil

Id say dave is right. Looks like a keeper spring just to keep your main spring captive. Ive got the same set up but havent ridden on it or set it up. The small spring should collapse completly before the larger spring takes effect

Can you take a closer pic where the two springs meet, at the cross over?

The top spring may be too soft, but you're kinda getting ahead of yourself until the engine is installed, the bike is complete and you have your ride heights front and rear dialed in.