Coolant Overflow level dropping, can't find leak

Why not take your radiator cap off, and throttle on it to see if it's moving coolant? Or drain gear oil, and pull your cover off, and check shit out. Won't take long.

sent from yo mammy house

• Like 1

Radiator got hot enough to smoke the remaining moisture off, from when I washed the quad earlier.

What I was gettin at was if your impeller is not flowing coolant, I wouldnt think your radiator would get warm enough for this^^^

But like I said ive never had one fail so im only assuming. A good impeller is for sure not a bad idea though. Actually just ordered one myself

• Like 2

How long is your gas breather? I re ran all my trans and coolant lines to come out the side of tank cover so i can watch my trans and coolant just in case....but there is breather hose that comes up and sits in the gold holding brack where your throttle cable comes down might have just gor some after spray on it but im not too sure without seeing

It's pretty long, I'd say at least a foot.

Comes out of the gas cap, through that gold bracket, and down behind the radiator (about half way down the rad)

Why not take your radiator cap off, and throttle on it to see if it's moving coolant? Or drain gear oil, and pull your cover off, and check shit out. Won't take long.

sent from yo mammy house

Honestly, 'cause I'm a noob and just learning about two-stroke motors. This is literally my first troubleshooting experience.

So, kick-start it, get it running, take rad cap off, and watch coolant move around?

I'll probably be checking water pump soon. Just need to order impeller.

Hows your jetting?

may not be related to a part malfunction........could be lean and just getting hot.

Bought banshee, drove to mechanic (reputable), and he sync'd carbs and checked jetting, etc.

Could be off, but I'd hope my mechanic got that much right.

It was running like shit before he touched it, and now starts 1-3 kicks and idles nicely.

Ran great when I rode it last weekend too.

Gravel made a good point about jetting. I've seen a few head gaskets leak that sprayed/misted coolant on the front of headers, but you were kind of vague where about. You won't see drastic movement, but it will move.

sent from yo mammy house

It's pretty long, I'd say at least a foot.

Comes out of the gas cap, through that gold bracket, and down behind the radiator (about half way down the rad)

Might have got wet from just spitting out..but as gravel said check your jetting also could be that even hard to tell with no pics lol but never hurts to be safe and check all parts..since you bought it used never know whats hiding

Gravel made a good point about jetting. I've seen a few head gaskets leak that sprayed/misted coolant on the front of headers, but you were kind of vague where about. You won't see drastic movement, but it will move.

sent from yo mammy house

Sorry.

I saw a fluid dripping onto my right, front header. 

I looked up and saw a wet "gas breather" hose, and thought nothing of it.

Later, noticed the low coolant reservoir, and assumed what I had seen earlier was coolant overflow.

Guess at this point, but that coolant in the reservoir went somewhere. 

Radiator got hot enough to smoke the remaining moisture off, from when I washed the quad earlier.

What I was gettin at was if your impeller is not flowing coolant, I wouldnt think your radiator would get warm enough for this^^^

But like I said ive never had one fail so im only assuming. A good impeller is for sure not a bad idea though. Actually just ordered one myself

Gotcha thanks. That's good news, at least.