R1 Banshee custom build on NOS

Why didn't you guys bust on snomojo who sold his bike for 5500. And the cbr motor is nowhere near as revered as the r1, and it was an older motor with more miles, And it wasn't on nitrous. Didn't have adjustable axle, pc3, no wheelie bar, had out of frame exhaust etc...... I've been offered 4500 from a craigslist buyer and it's been listed for less than 24 hrs. I know it will pull 5500-5800 if I wait for the right buyer so that's what I'll do.

With it on struts as it sits it only has about 3 inches from bottom of exhaust to ground. With shocks on it, has about 6-8 depending on what tires etc. I honestly think it looks kind of shitty in these pictures compared to how it looks in person. They just don't show the detail.

Skeeter why am I a dumbfuck for having a streetbike quad? Because I got tired of rebuilding and spending 2500 on my 10 mill every 4 races and was strictly limited to the track with it? Or because I have a shit ton of money invested in my 18 mil dm and can't ever get the damn thing to be consistent. I can take this bike out and beat certain 10 mills asses, and then go play ride all day. I drive this bitch down to our local fishing spot with my kids that's 3 miles away. I don't jump, so I could care less that it's heavy. It's awesome to have a quad I can put pump gas in, never even have to change spark plugs and can run with some pretty bad full drag bikes when I'm setup for dunes or whatever. Full brakes lights, link setup on swinger etc, no money has been spent to lighten this up. And again did I mention I get to do this on pump gas.... and the bike will run for 60,000 miles before it needs a rebuild if it even needs one then. Show me another banshee you can do that on bro. It's a great fit for me. Also my builder Mike Boushie normally sells these for 7k and up around my area. So you got no clue what people are willing to pay for a bike like this. I know I've got 2x that amount in my 10 mil and the damn thing isn't even running right now.

And again, I'm in no need to jump on a 4500 dollar offer. I'm not trying to unload this. Just trying to see what I could get for it to decide if I want to build a full drag chassis build instead as I live 8hrs away from the closest set of dunes. Which I'd be ripping around on daily if I lived near them, with 200hp on nos, while you let your bike which would be overheating from too many multiple passes up the hill. At least you'd have a good look at my tail light...did I mention it has a tail light. It does.

Special blend wh often does are sport bike need to be rebuilt then? Apparently I do not know. Go down to your local bike shop and ask how often a liter bike motor needs a rebuild and see what they say. Let's say 20,000 miles which is not many miles on a sportbike.....that's a helluva lot of time in the dunes.

Zillafreak, I'm not saying a banshee hp for hp isn't superior, it absolutely is, without question. However from a reliability standpoint the sport bike engines absolutely trump a banshee. Let alone a built 10mil. I'm saying I can ride my 200hp bike a helluva lot longer than your going to be able to ride a 10 mil before you have to wrench on it. I had a friend locally who told me his 10 mil supercub would eat my bike up. I drove my bike on asphalt tires 8 miles to his house, and then crushed him, and then drove my bike home lol. Tell me how many 10 mils could make that trip, and not blow up?

Like I said hp for hp the banshee is clearly superior. No argument there. Reliability wise they won't touch a sportbike motor.

Also the 10 mil race is a close one due to the weight of my bike and I'm a 280lb bodybuilder.....and she shees making such awesome power to weight. Got to give credit where it's due. In 100 yards it's close. In the quarter mile it's alot more in my favor.

Not saying this bike is the fastest in the world cuz it's not. A damn well built and perfectly setup 7 mil can beat it. However I bought this bike for the speed possibilities it has with little to no maintenance that ever needs to be done.

Only thing I ever had to change on my 10dm in the first year since I got it was 1 set of plugs and clean the pods. Year after that only thing I changed was the gear behind the basket due to me not kicking it properly and after it sat out in cold freezing weather ( buddy's cabin). Other then that it's been flawless. I'm not sure why your 10 mil has been having problems and I ride my 10mil pretty hard imo. If it's all setup properly it should be reliable. Just throwing my 2 cents in here

O I know they can be somewhat reliable. But the more you do to them, alcohol, nos, drag racing all day long, they don't last near as long. They are reliable, but not sportbike reliable. You can't drive your 10 mil 120 miles away ride at the track all day and then ride it home like you could on a sportbike. Obviously I don't do that on mine as it's not street legal and I took a helluva risk riding it to my buddies 8 miles away but it was to prove a point lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Lol yes I'm sure it does. I'd just as soon keep it for my duner and pay out of pocket for the next build unless I get close to what I'm wanting. Your not gonna build one this nice for that much. Stuff adds up quick. I'm sure you all know this though.