Topend rebuild

Was hoping you'd say you got rid of the bottle :shrugani:

It will cause cracks in the carb boot, then you get an air leak. Then your new shit goes BOOM !!

Choke tube on? Slide cutaway facing air box? Float bowls on correct carb? Carbs synced? Float level? When carbs cleaned could see through jets? Same size jets in both carbs? No mous nests in exhaust?

Yes everything is on rite choke tube cut out synced and brand new jets but I dont know how to tell if the float bowls are on the rite carb but I think they should be because I just worked on one at a time . Thanks for the help and suggestions !!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

All you need is a stock crossover tube to replace the boost bottle, ask around here I'm sure someone could probably hook you up. As far as the float bowls go, the left side should have a brass tube on the inside of it that you'll notice when you pull the bowl off, the right side does not have one of these, if I remember correctly and if that makes any sense. Haven't had mine apart in a while...

Ehhh scratch that brass tube shit^^

Had mine apart over the weekend and it wasn't located on the bowl but the carb body itself. However, the bowls I have are stamped on the inside at the bottom of the bowl with a "1-1" and a "1-2", the latter is the right. Not sure if they're all like that but mine are. 

You can also use PVC plumbing caps, don't need no stinking crossover.

As to float bowl, left one has a small "BB" on the front of it.

Is the BB on the inside of the bowl or outside because I looked for this befor and the only thing I could find that looked like a BB both of the carbs had one in the same place . Thanks for the info I never thought about using pvc but I am definitely going to give it a try .

Sounds like you have a tors problem. In front of the left pipe should be a little black box , make sure it's unplugged

Again thanks for all the input ! I know I dont have the tors on the carbs but I will have to check that little black box you speak of . I might have pluged it in on accident when I was puting everything back together .

By the way I would like to give you all an update I haven't messed with the carbs or that little black box or crossover tube but after I stopped the air leak and put the carbs back on. The left carb started to overflow . I took it apart and cleaned it and it stopped for a little bit and now it is doing it again . I mean it starts coming out as soon as I turn the gas on pretty much .

Probally have some junk in your tank. It doesn't take much to keep the needle from sealing. You might try a fuel filter for awhile see if that helps. As for idling and starting do you know how to sync carbs? What are your airscrews at?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the carbs are synced and I got a fuel filter while I was waiting on my jets and other things . Air screws are at one and a half turns out . Thanks for the suggestions !!